PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 OC vs. eVGA 6800 (non ultras)

Borealis
07-21-04, 02:32 AM
Which one do you think would be better overall to have. eVGA version has a bigger cooler on it and can get it for $12 less, but the BFG comes overclocked already...yet has a smaller cooler on it.

Anyone have either of these cards and care to comment? Is one of these companies better than the other? I'm kinda new to nvidia, making the switch from ati.

Jarred
07-21-04, 02:58 AM
Which one do you think would be better overall to have. eVGA version has a bigger cooler on it and can get it for $12 less, but the BFG comes overclocked already...yet has a smaller cooler on it.

Anyone have either of these cards and care to comment? Is one of these companies better than the other? I'm kinda new to nvidia, making the switch from ati.

I own a EVGAu and it's been working out nicely, BFG is a good company as well.

Although, I got my EVGa though availability, if they had other companies that I trust I would have went with them.

I'd go for the BFG, but thats MO.

BYUNews
07-21-04, 07:35 AM
I think the EVGA heatsink is actually a reference heatsink, and not "upgraded", as they would like you to believe. Anyways, as far as overclocking, I could hit a stable 400/850 from 325/700 on the EVGA card, which boosted my 3DMarks to 9400 from 8000. I don't know if the BFG can go that high, but I'm sure the EVGA Non-Ultra holds its own against it. Spend the $12 on a pizza while you are playing Far Cry :)