PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 news

Fatman
07-22-04, 01:22 AM
For fiscal year 2006 (April 2005 to March 2006), Doornik said Activision will release "sequels to True Crime, Call of Duty, Spider-Man, Tony Hawk, Shrek, and Quake." Doornik did not mention what platforms these sequels would appear on, sparking speculation that the titles could be released on next-generation consoles. However, Doornik only obliquely mentioned that Activision will be "committed at launch to next-generation consoles."

<mr.burns>Excellent...</mr.burns>

Stolen from ve3d.com

S.I.N
07-22-04, 01:33 AM
Call of Duty 2 :drooling: :clap:

DaveW
07-22-04, 01:36 PM

In the Doom 3 engine??? That would be awesome if it was.

LiquidX
07-22-04, 05:02 PM
I bet it will. All are owned by Activision. DOOM3 will be like the start of the Quake era again and the many games off its engine released. Gaming has been reborn.

nVidi0t
07-22-04, 05:22 PM
Call of Duty will most likely be based on the Doom 3 engine, and yes, it's going to rock!

burningrave101
07-22-04, 10:59 PM
Call of Duty: United Offensive is due out later this year.

Does anyone know any other OpenGL games coming out this year and next?

What about KOTOR 2?

Intel17
07-22-04, 11:21 PM
Im so excited!!!

Mike1357
07-22-04, 11:56 PM
and i just cant hide it

i know
i know
i know

and i think i like it

:spam2: :spam2: :nanahump:

Slyder
07-23-04, 12:56 PM

I prey they dont mess to much with the multiplayer aspects. CoD 1, is easily the best on the market at the moment.

Skrot
07-23-04, 07:45 PM
You want the same game with updated graphics? I hope they change whatever they want to, but still ensure that it's a good game. If you end up liking CoD 1 over CoD 2, then play CoD 1. Surely you aren't into the graphics more than the gameplay?

Slyder
07-24-04, 07:34 AM
You want the same game with updated graphics? I hope they change whatever they want to, but still ensure that it's a good game. If you end up liking CoD 1 over CoD 2, then play CoD 1. Surely you aren't into the graphics more than the gameplay?

Im sorry, I dont follow.

As I said, I prey they dont mess to much with the multiplayer aspects. Things like gametypes, PunkBuster and the general feel for control. Who said anything about graphics and gameplay. :rolleyes:

Skrot
07-24-04, 08:40 AM
Hmm... what does gameplay consist of? Gametypes, how the game plays etc? Things like "general feel for control". Sounds a lot like gameplay to me.

I'm not a big fan of having the same gameplay with a new graphics engine. It sorta defeats the purpose of making a new game doesn't it? I hope they do whatever they want with the multiplayer, just so long as they make it still fun. If you end up prefering the multiplay of CoD 1 than CoD 2, then that's alright isn't it? Just cause something newer is out, doesn't mean that the aging graphics of CoD 1 makes the game any less fun than it was then. So play CoD 1.

Slyder
07-24-04, 10:36 AM
If you end up prefering the multiplay of CoD 1 than CoD 2, then that's alright isn't it? Just cause something newer is out, doesn't mean that the aging graphics of CoD 1 makes the game any less fun than it was then. So play CoD 1.

If they forget to add PunkBuster, then I will stay with CoD 1. Purely because if it dosn't have PB, then it looses points as far as I am concerned for being a good multiplayer game.

monkeydust
07-24-04, 11:31 AM
I'd like to see Quake IV but I have no interest in COD2 because I'm pretty much sick of war games.

DiscipleDOC
07-24-04, 01:18 PM
I'd like to see Quake IV but I have no interest in COD2 because I'm pretty much sick of war games.

I agree totally.

S.I.N
07-24-04, 04:15 PM
Heh, I want more WWII games. Brothers in Arms, more COD, more WOLF bring them on. I have had my fill of lasers and shock rifles. :lame:

Skrot
07-24-04, 06:46 PM
Mmm yeah I'm eagerly awaiting Quake IV. I really hope they (Raven) understand what made Quake III the best DM out there. That being the movement physics primarily; just how the game feels.

I can't wait for Quake IV CPMA. Well... If it ends up being made. Ooh, I get all excited thinking about it!

Slyder
07-27-04, 06:28 AM
Heh, I want more WWII games. Brothers in Arms, more COD, more WOLF bring them on. I have had my fill of lasers and shock rifles. :lame:

Totally agree.

Nothing more annoying then taking a game with 2003 at the end, and seeing a re-hash of it then sticking 2004 in its place. :lame:

WeReWoLf
07-27-04, 06:33 AM
i don't mind the war games, but Quake IV is definately on my "TO GET" List.

lIqUID
07-27-04, 04:45 PM
Hmm if we arent seeing Quake4 until 2k6 then it will be a good while still till we see SOF3 :/ I was kinda always hoping Raven would have SOF3 ready for 2k6 release *sigh*

|JuiceZ|
07-27-04, 04:55 PM
Totally agree.

Nothing more annoying then taking a game with 2003 at the end, and seeing a re-hash of it then sticking 2004 in its place. :lame:

I resemble that remark. Granted UT2004 is what 2003 should have been, the game wasn't just a re-hash of its year older sibling. And it r0><0rz!! :headbang:

Back to the discussion, yea can't get enough of WWII shooters. Something about playing games based off that war still has a *nich in me :cool:

ClosetFanBoy
07-27-04, 05:30 PM
ww2 shooters are the bomb, well most are anyways. depending on how far fetched they get, its alomst like a playing a history lesson. playing thru mohaa and cod made me think bout my ol' gpa. :)

but yea bring on q4 and cod 2 on the doom 3 engine! i think we're in for a surprise as far as mp goes based on that engine.

Vanzagar
07-27-04, 05:34 PM

Same here war games bore me to death now....

Let's see Kingpin 2 or what about a cop game, where u drive around in a partrol car and fight crime or even a fps super hero game all with Doom 3 graphics of course...

rhuala