PDA

View Full Version : FarCry 1.2 + 6800GT --> Need Help!

Pages : [1] 2

wEEt
07-22-04, 05:49 AM
hi guys,

i was so happy to finnaly install patch 1.2 but it ended so bad, it couldn't get worse. look at these screens below: can someone tell me, what the **** is going on?
i'm using 61.76, directx 9.0c, 6800gt and used the registry hack to enable sm3. and now? damn...

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/7974/FarCry5.jpg

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/2944/FarCry6.jpg

Superfly
07-22-04, 05:55 AM
yeh - I got messed up screens with the BETA SM3 path enabled.

my advice is bin it and wait for "proper" SM3.0 drivers and DX9.0c "official" release.

its not like our 6800's are having peformance problems!!!

wEEt
07-22-04, 06:15 AM
i've got massive problemes in farcry, look at the screens. in every outdoor level, my frames drop below 35, indoor levels run with 80-120fps...pisses me off man

pino
07-22-04, 06:23 AM
i have solved lots of problems, even performance ones, with a fresh Farcry install.
try that :)

wEEt
07-22-04, 06:34 AM
ok, i'm gonna give it a try.

DaveW
07-22-04, 06:38 AM
turn off fastwrites

Ghosthunter
07-22-04, 07:13 AM
turn off fastwrites

wish i could there is no option to turn off fastwirtes on my mobo bios

wEEt
07-22-04, 07:16 AM
ok, after a reinstall, the bugs are gone. but it's horrificly slow - again. no idea, but i think, i'm should be able to play FC with framerates above 30 :(

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/3096/FarCry1.jpg

OWA
07-22-04, 07:34 AM
Really depends on the level, the settings being used, how fast your CPU is, etc. Are you saying you're getting 20s all the time or just during some parts of the game.

wEEt
07-22-04, 08:10 AM
every ****ing outdoor level runs with 20fps. indoor levels are running with 80-120 fps!

therapture
07-22-04, 08:31 AM
i've got massive problemes in farcry, look at the screens. in every outdoor level, my frames drop below 35, indoor levels run with 80-120fps...pisses me off man

I am in the same boat, going to do something about it tonight....I am on a fresh WinXP install so that is taken care of. I am going to try some different chipset drivers for my NForce2 board....my IQ is great, just slower than a 98yr old marathon runner.

What settings are you running? My scores are almost identical whether or not I have 2x FSAA on or not...

saturnotaku
07-22-04, 08:32 AM
wish i could there is no option to turn off fastwirtes on my mobo bios

You can disable it through RivaTuner.

wEEt
07-22-04, 10:35 AM
i already installed winxp completely new, installes new drivers, did everything without any succes. if i could, i'd bite my own ass :( patch 1.2 didn't change anything, it even become worse.
and it also doesn't depend which quality modes i use: no difference between 0xAA, 2xAA, 4xAA or 6xS...

Superfly
07-22-04, 10:36 AM
why does disabling fast writes help?? - seems like backwards logic, ive never had to switch off a feature like that before - PS - I get low FPS outdoors at super high settings - 20-40 FPS @ 1280x1024.

I think guys this is a chipset/memory fequency issue.

I have yet to solve it (cant afford a new mobo and mem!!)

Cheeseh
07-22-04, 11:09 AM
I usually get those artifacts with shadowmaps enabled in far cry configuration, try disabling shadow maps.

therapture
07-22-04, 12:04 PM
why does disabling fast writes help?? - seems like backwards logic, ive never had to switch off a feature like that before - PS - I get low FPS outdoors at super high settings - 20-40 FPS @ 1280x1024.

I think guys this is a chipset/memory fequency issue.

I have yet to solve it (cant afford a new mobo and mem!!)

OK guys we are all in the same boat. I have the EXACT same issue. Indoors it flat flies, outdoors it gets choppy and into the TEENS with heavy action, i.e., many enemies and vegetation, especially in online multiplayer. I am going to work on it at lunch and this evening and will come back into this thread with some findings...let's get some basic info...

What chipset are you running on? -NForce2 here
What FSB are you using for cpu and ram -170fsb synchronous
What cpu are you using? -Mobile 2400+ @2.38ghz (3400+)
What clockspeed is the GT at? -400/1100
What driver set? -61.45, 61.71, 61.76
What Far Cry settings are you using? -HIGH all over, ULTRA HIGH water
FSAA and AF settings? -2x FSAA 4x AF (even off makes no difference)
Fastwrites off/on, AGP Aperture -ON, 256mb

Here is my first plan of action:

1) reinstall chipset drivers
2) install 62.20 Betas
3) reinstall Far Cry and patch to 1.2
4) change Fastwrites to OFF and AGP Aperture to 128

I am already running SP2 RC1 which has DX9c under Windows XP Pro.

Zetto
07-22-04, 01:37 PM
FarCry started to lock up on after I installed the new 6176 drivers + patch. With 6171 and FarCry 1.1 I was playing using the tommti's r300 path workaround, rock solid with high fps and max quality settings. After installing the patch, I tried using default path (did not try to setup sm3, too much hassle, and it's beta anyways), but FarCry started to crash after short periods of time (esp. on revolution lvl). So I enabled the r300 path again and voila, rock solid again. I dunno wassup with that?

Dot50Cal
07-22-04, 01:49 PM
Same issues as you guys, 140 FPS indoors, outdoors 30. Specs in sig. I tried disabling fast writes but it didnt help at all. This is with SM3.0 on and off.

What chipset are you running on? 875P
What FSB are you using for cpu and ram 250 1:1
What cpu are you using? P4 2.4C @ 3.0
What clockspeed is the GT at? 400/1100
What driver set? 61.76
What Far Cry settings are you using? HIGH all over, ULTRA HIGH water
FSAA and AF settings? None
Fastwrites off/on
AGP Aperture ON, 256mb

rewt
07-22-04, 01:50 PM
no need for tommti patch anymore with my 5900. the 1.2 patch fixed the blocky shaders and now PS 2.0 is working right. finally, "the way its meant to be played". too bad for you 6800 owners tho. :( hope you get the issues fixed soon with SM 3.0

OWA
07-22-04, 02:13 PM
I don't think it's a card issue or driver issue. It's probably a CPU/game issue more than anything. With both of my systems I drop into the low 20s, sometimes upper teens (when zooming), on some of the outdoor levels when the settings are cranked. Usually changing the resolution or AA/AF levels helps very little. I essentially have to lower in-game settings. It acts the same way with the GT as it does with the X800 Pro. If you look at Tom's latest review (the Gainward waterblock card one) you'll see that the game avgs in the low-to-mid 30s on the level he benches at 1280x1024 4xAA/4xAF and in the 20s when at 1600x1200 at those same AA/AF settings. This was with a P4 3.2 system I think it was. This is with the X800 and 6800 series. So, I think what a lot of people are seeing is normal.

wEEt
07-22-04, 02:27 PM
What chipset are you running on? -nForce2
What FSB are you using for cpu and ram - 200MHz synchronous
What cpu are you using? - XP 2800+ @ 3200+
What clockspeed is the GT at? - 350/1000
What driver set? - 61.71, 61.76, 62.XX
What Far Cry settings are you using? - HIGH all over, ULTRA HIGH water
FSAA and AF settings? - 2x FSAA 4x AF (even off makes no difference)
Fastwrites on, AGP Aperture - 128MB

therapture
07-22-04, 03:28 PM
I don't think it's a card issue or driver issue. It's probably a CPU/game issue more than anythingSo, I think what a lot of people are seeing is normal.

OWA, do me a favor then...do you have Benchemall? Run the 640x480, 1024x768, and 1280x1024 settings using your own custom system.cfg.

In Farcry config, set your in game details to all HIGH, except water to ULTRA HIGH. Set FSAA to 2x and AF to 4x.

At those settings, using a cpu pretty close to yours, a gig of ram, and an overclocked GT, I can barely average 47fps at ANY of those resolutions. It dips into the low low 30's ALOT, and even see a few upper 20's. Using FSAA and AF make little to no difference.

Online multiplayer is horrendous, I see lots of 20's and am lucky to keep an average of 35fps. Single player is a bit better but outdoors just plain sucks.

To be quite frank, my 9800Pro-->XT I had before ran it smoother in the outdoors, it was more consistent, albeit at a lower resolution than I play at now. At leastby changing resolutions and/or lowering details with the ATI card it made a difference in framerate. At this point my 6800 stays the same regardless.

P.S.-it flat out hauls in opengl games and FS:2004, it is only Far Cry that is having the issue.

therapture
07-22-04, 07:54 PM
ok....SUCCESS! I did what I said in my above post....although by default the 62.2's DO NOT have SM3.0 enabled...

I am going back in to take some screen shots and waht not, and a few benches...

I uninstalled all chipset drivers....used driverclean...then uninstalled all video drivers, again, using driverclean.

I performed a "repair install" of WindowsXP SP1...then I patched to SP2 RC1 to get the DX9c...

Installed latest NForce2 chipset drivers...reboot...installed 62.20's, reboot.

BAM...even at stock speeds it is playing much smoother outdoors, where I was getting 25-30 before, I am now getting 35-40 and even better....thats a 5-10fps gain! And I have not even bumped the card clock speed yet...indoors it flat flies, in the 100's at points...I am still using 2x FSAA and 4x AF....

I will be back with some SM3.0 enabled results...

Dot50Cal
07-23-04, 06:52 AM
Argh..Found new errors. Heres the complete list (for me)

Mounted Machine Guns cannot be moved certain ways without it sticking. Im at a point in the game right now where you NEED to aim it at a certain point but it wont let me. By the time I get it to aim down at the boat it hits me with a rocket.

Whats Cryvision? I cant seem to activate it. Once I hit the key nothing happens..

Sound is going out. I can only hear my gun (cant hear knife slashes) my guys voice and the guy on the phones voice. Everything else including footsteps, enemy gunfire, ambience is gone. Occasionally ambience will be there but the rest will be gone.

Game is crashing whenever AI seems to kick in. My temperatures are all within acceptable levels. My speakers make a screech noise then my computer reboots, or sometimes farcry closes after flashing garbage on my screen. Before anyone asks I have updated my sound drivers to the latest.

If you are prone and save (I beleive this will be more of an issue with the QUICK SAVE feature Crytek is implimenting) then load that save, you're character will be standing up but cannot walk or run. You can only move at default speed. To fix this you have to go prone then un prone and it will go back to normal.

When I try to connect to a multiplayer server I immediatly get a message saying "Kicked" after clicking on the server to join.

Please I beg you fix this, Please comment on it as its getting depressing not hearing any official reponse from Crytek or Ubi. I was holding off on buying Far Cry until I had a card which supported PS2.0 but with these bugs in the game now I cant enjoy it at all.

Superfly
07-23-04, 07:22 AM
ok....SUCCESS! I did what I said in my above post....although by default the 62.2's DO NOT have SM3.0 enabled...

I am going back in to take some screen shots and waht not, and a few benches...

I uninstalled all chipset drivers....used driverclean...then uninstalled all video drivers, again, using driverclean.

I performed a "repair install" of WindowsXP SP1...then I patched to SP2 RC1 to get the DX9c...

Installed latest NForce2 chipset drivers...reboot...installed 62.20's, reboot.

BAM...even at stock speeds it is playing much smoother outdoors, where I was getting 25-30 before, I am now getting 35-40 and even better....thats a 5-10fps gain! And I have not even bumped the card clock speed yet...indoors it flat flies, in the 100's at points...I am still using 2x FSAA and 4x AF....

I will be back with some SM3.0 enabled results...

Cool dude - please confirm that you have disabled fast writes.

im gonna try these things tonight as ive just done a fresh install of widows/chipset ect.

i'll try the 61.76 first and then 62.20 - just to see if its a driver/SM3 problem or if disabling fast writes is all you gotta do.

back laters........