PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE! Do a fresh install of Far Cry then only apply the 1.2 patch!

skoprowski
07-22-04, 12:15 PM
This would save a lot of your headaches and posting space on all forums, not just at Nvnews. Most problems are corrected with a fresh install. The problems arise when you apply patch 1.2 over version 1.1

Thank you,

Scott

Clay
07-22-04, 12:18 PM
This would save a lot of your headaches and posting space on all forums, not just at Nvnews. Most problems are corrected with a fresh install. The problems arise when you apply patch 1.2 over version 1.1

Thank you,

Scott
Not sure if everyone does this or not but I just uninstalled my 1.1 patch before installing the 1.2. No problems. So that might be worth trying first to save the time of a full reinstall of Far Cry.

therapture
07-22-04, 12:19 PM

Thank you,

Scott

Doing that as soon as I get home.....but how lame of Crytek to make the patch cause issues....I mean, geez, a complete reinstall for a patch? Uggg...Oh well, so be it.

:lame:

If it fixes my problems, I am for it... :clap:

skoprowski
07-22-04, 12:28 PM
It fixed all my issues, but I have a Nvidia card :)

therapture
07-22-04, 01:03 PM
It fixed all my issues, but I have a Nvidia card :)

As do I (spit)

EngenZerO
07-22-04, 01:15 PM
I didnt have to do a fresh install last night.

I just installed and had no problems enabling the sm30 beta path. My most recent saved game loaded up with no issues, and I played for a good hour and a half. no real problems. I am using the 61.71 drivers with SP2 RC2.

Dot50Cal
07-22-04, 01:27 PM
Anyone else notice the following?

1. Sound other than you're characters voice, guns, and the guy on you're phone dissapear completely after playing a few minutes in the game?

2. When trying to join a multiplayer game you get the message "Kicked" upon clicking join?

I just got my card and was about to go through Far Cry but the sound issue is HORRIBLE. I cant even hear enemies gunfire or anything. Only my gunfire is heard.

sclaws
07-22-04, 02:03 PM

1. Sound other than you're characters voice, guns, and the guy on you're phone dissapear completely after playing a few minutes in the game?

I just got my card and was about to go through Far Cry but the sound issue is HORRIBLE. I cant even hear enemies gunfire or anything. Only my gunfire is heard.

!!YES! I thought I was going nuts (which still may be the case) but I am having sound problems w/Far Cry, both 1.1 and 1.2. Sometimes I can resolve it by going into the Crtl panel and re-selecting 5.1 for my sound profile, then re-running FC, but this doens't always fix the problem.

OWA
07-22-04, 02:16 PM

2. When trying to join a multiplayer game you get the message "Kicked" upon clicking join?

Have you tried reinstalling Far Cry? Sound issues were prevalent in the demo but I thought they were all fixed in the official release. I haven't noticed any so far but I haven't finished the game.

DoItForTheKids
07-22-04, 02:22 PM
Not sure if everyone does this or not but I just uninstalled my 1.1 patch before installing the 1.2. No problems. So that might be worth trying first to save the time of a full reinstall of Far Cry.

how do you uninstall 1.1?

Clay
07-22-04, 02:25 PM
how do you uninstall 1.1?
It was listed in my Add/Remove Programs IIRC.

Dot50Cal
07-22-04, 02:29 PM
Have you tried reinstalling Far Cry? Sound issues were prevalent in the demo but I thought they were all fixed in the official release. I haven't noticed any so far but I haven't finished the game.

4 times now :retard: Im currently on my 5th. It doesnt help that the game has 5 CDs...Damn EVGA for not including the DVD version. I mean who buys a 400 dollar card and doesnt have a dvdrom!?

Actually just start the 1.1 patch. You can remove it if its already installed by doing that.

DoItForTheKids
07-22-04, 02:32 PM
4 times now :retard: Im currently on my 5th. It doesnt help that the game has 5 CDs...Damn EVGA for not including the DVD version. I mean who buys a 400 dollar card and doesnt have a dvdrom!?

Actually just start the 1.1 patch. You can remove it if its already installed by doing that.

thats what i did, i couldnt find it in add/remove progs

edit :

Far Cry 1.2 is running better than ever :D :drooling:

Blacklash
07-22-04, 02:42 PM
If you have the patch saved on your computer just start it up as if you are going to install it. It will tell you that it detects that you already have the patch installed and that you must remove it first to reinstall. Tell it to remove it and do not restart the patch. Viola>

EDIT: Doh, there you go, as Dot50Cal said

therapture
07-22-04, 03:06 PM

MY sound so far is great, using the onboard STORM audio

you must be running the "-DEVMODE" cheat in the command line, they took this out for a reason, to stop some of the blatant online cheating such as no bushes and no recoil effect

Weird, I have not seen any issues on the other two boxes I have running the game, one is a Shuttle with built in audio, and the other is a VIA AC97 onboard sound...both play for hours on end with no problems...

MicroZ28
07-22-04, 04:09 PM
Mine was doing the same thing and the problem ended up being the r300 path d3d9.dll file that I installed before 1.2 patch,I forgot to remove it.When I did remove it everything was back to normal.I think thats why some get fixed when reinstalling farcry it deletes the r300 path file.

glObalist
07-22-04, 06:32 PM
Mine was doing the same thing and the problem ended up being the r300 path d3d9.dll file that I installed before 1.2 patch,I forgot to remove it.When I did remove it everything was back to normal.I think thats why some get fixed when reinstalling farcry it deletes the r300 path file.

Finally, somebody's talking after all this crap one has to read through concerning the new patch. Geez, "patch don't work", "sound don't work", "uninstall 1.1", "reinstall FarCry", "click on it using your nose on the right mouse button"... "Blame nV", "blame ubi", "blame m$", "Just don't blame me"... :lol2: