PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 Midnight Madness @ BestBuy???

Fatman
07-22-04, 05:57 PM
10 select Best Buy stores, covering 6 markets -- Chicago, Washington D.C., Miami, Los Angeles, New York and Dallas -- will offer the game at 12:01AM on Aug 3 as part of a special midnight madness sale.

Does anyone have ANY info on this? Which stores? And details will be appreciated.

aAv7
07-22-04, 06:11 PM
prolly all the way up in yuppieville north side chicago....meh. Every "sale" like this is up there...and always in a suburb outside chicago...never in the actual city as stated. Weak. I'll stick to the southside and buy it the day of aug 3rd. WTF am I gonna do? Buy it @ 12:01 am go home and go to bed anyways lol. Not sure about your neck of the woods their in NYC...do u have a "main" superstore BB? prolly be that one. Call around and ask. =)

Fatman
07-22-04, 06:19 PM
I did call them, they said for now it's planned as a regular game launch, aka just load up the shelves. There is another store in Brooklyn, but I doubt they will be doing midnight madness sale there.

grubster
07-22-04, 06:21 PM
Well for the one in NYC the one that i would guess would be the BB on 23rd and 6th. This is just a guess, but it seems the logical choice

Omega53
07-22-04, 07:02 PM
Miami is a 8 hour drive. Guess I better get ready for a road trip on the 3rd :D

jAkUp
07-22-04, 07:12 PM
Which Stores>?!?!?!?!??!?

aAv7
07-22-04, 07:59 PM
Miami is a 8 hour drive. Guess I better get ready for a road trip on the 3rd :D

8 hours? Man...why not just wait.oh..say...8 hours and buy it at a near by ebgames or gamestop? =) I'm complaining cuz i live on the south side of chicago and figure they'll have it on the northside..or just outside the city up north...thats 45 mins. lol.

Edge
07-22-04, 08:01 PM
Actually, I have a feeling that most EBs and Gamestops will have a midnight opening for the game as well. They've done that for a few games (GTA:VC comes to mind) and almost all major consoles launchs (still have fond memories of getting my Dreamcast at 12:10 AM).

Vash
07-22-04, 08:53 PM
I wish the EB in Rockford would do that, but the guy there said that there wasn't enough people that had preordered it. Maybe since it's been a few days since the gold annoucement there'll be more of 'em and they'll change their minds, but I doubt it.

jAkUp
07-22-04, 08:59 PM
I hope the eb that I preordered at is gonna do a midnight release

saturnotaku
07-22-04, 11:12 PM
prolly all the way up in yuppieville north side chicago....meh. Every "sale" like this is up there...and always in a suburb outside chicago...never in the actual city as stated. Weak. I'll stick to the southside and buy it the day of aug 3rd. WTF am I gonna do? Buy it @ 12:01 am go home and go to bed anyways lol. Not sure about your neck of the woods their in NYC...do u have a "main" superstore BB? prolly be that one. Call around and ask. =)

If it's anything like BB midnight madness movie DVD launches, it will be the BB in Schaumburg and Lincoln Park. I wish they'd freaking do one in Aurora as that's the store that's closest to me.

MUYA
07-22-04, 11:13 PM
hmm no Best Buy in Hong Kong :(

:D

Clay
07-22-04, 11:22 PM
hmm no Best Buy in Hong Kong :(

:D
Yeah but I bet you could go around the corner and find it in a brown paper sack at a "PC game software outlet" two weeks ago. ;) :D

aAv7
07-23-04, 11:20 AM
If it's anything like BB midnight madness movie DVD launches, it will be the BB in Schaumburg and Lincoln Park. I wish they'd freaking do one in Aurora as that's the store that's closest to me.

Schaumburg....thats the one I was thinkin of! I'm in oak lawn =/

hoop
07-23-04, 11:45 AM
i live 15 min's from best buy in dallas and i called them and they ain't heard noda about it. :lame:

nvnews-reader
07-27-04, 11:14 AM
Fatman,

Where did you get that quote?

Fatman
07-27-04, 11:37 AM
GameSpy Doom III interview from last week.

aAv7
07-27-04, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing if best buy does the midnight thing, it will be advertised in this coming weekends ad. Just like they did for matrix revolutions.