PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone else confirm these issues with Far Cry 1.2?

Dot50Cal
07-23-04, 07:01 AM
Just wondering if Im the only one suffering with some of these issues.

-Mounted Machine Guns cannot be moved certain ways without it sticking. Im at a point in the game right now where you NEED to aim it at a certain point but it wont let me. By the time I get it to aim down at the boat it hits me with a rocket.

-Whats Cryvision? I cant seem to activate it. Once I hit the key nothing happens..

-Sound is going out. I can only hear my gun (cant hear knife slashes) my guys voice and the guy on the phones voice. Everything else including footsteps, enemy gunfire, ambience is gone. Occasionally ambience will be there but the rest will be gone.

-Game is crashing whenever AI seems to kick in. My temperatures are all within acceptable levels. My speakers make a screech noise then my computer reboots, or sometimes farcry closes after flashing garbage on my screen. Before anyone asks I have updated my sound drivers to the latest.

-If you are prone and save (I beleive this will be more of an issue with the QUICK SAVE feature Crytek is implimenting) then load that save, you're character will be standing up but cannot walk or run. You can only move at default speed. To fix this you have to go prone then un prone and it will go back to normal.

-When I try to connect to a multiplayer server I immediatly get a message saying "Kicked" after clicking on the server to join.

Raptorman
07-23-04, 08:35 AM
Just wondering if Im the only one suffering with some of these issues.

-Mounted Machine Guns cannot be moved certain ways without it sticking. Im at a point in the game right now where you NEED to aim it at a certain point but it wont let me. By the time I get it to aim down at the boat it hits me with a rocket.

-Whats Cryvision? I cant seem to activate it. Once I hit the key nothing happens..

-Sound is going out. I can only hear my gun (cant hear knife slashes) my guys voice and the guy on the phones voice. Everything else including footsteps, enemy gunfire, ambience is gone. Occasionally ambience will be there but the rest will be gone.

-Game is crashing whenever AI seems to kick in. My temperatures are all within acceptable levels. My speakers make a screech noise then my computer reboots, or sometimes farcry closes after flashing garbage on my screen. Before anyone asks I have updated my sound drivers to the latest.

-If you are prone and save (I beleive this will be more of an issue with the QUICK SAVE feature Crytek is implimenting) then load that save, you're character will be standing up but cannot walk or run. You can only move at default speed. To fix this you have to go prone then un prone and it will go back to normal.

-When I try to connect to a multiplayer server I immediatly get a message saying "Kicked" after clicking on the server to join.

To fix sound issues get the latest sound card drivers. Same thing happened with me and my Audigy 2. The game worked fine for a while, installed new Catalyst, and sound was gone. I installed the latest sound drivers, and it worked perfectly fine.

Nevermind last comment. Try completely uninstalling your video drivers, and then reinstalling them. Make sure they are completely gone.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the game, and install just hte 1.2 patch, not the 1.2 over 1.1

OWA
07-23-04, 08:56 AM

Just saw this response in another thread (by therapture) on getting kicked...

If you are getting kicked when joining a multiplayer game you need to remove "-DEVMODE" from the command line of your game shortcut. They did this on purpose to stop some of the cheating that is going on. The game is plagued with blatant and easy to do cheats when in devmode...

SH64
07-23-04, 09:02 AM

You will be able to use Cryvision later in the game .

Mullins1060
07-23-04, 09:30 AM
you are probably being kicked because you have enabled sm3.0 and that uses devmode :S

Dot50Cal
07-23-04, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys! Multiplayer now works! I heard someone saying Cryvision was broken with the patch, I hope thats not the case but by you're reply it doesnt seem like it will be.

Game crashing was solved by going back to default CPU speeds. I guess ill just have to deal with lower performance even though my system is 100% stable in any other games/applications.

The sound issue seems to have stopped after applying some settings in the console and avoiding the sound menu.

The minigun issue only happens when you aim downward, so im pretty sure its a bug as is the prone save bug.

However I have noticed a serious issue with the SM3.0 path. I dont know if it affects other areas but if you have you're flashlight on with the SM3.0 path certain parts of the map will dissapear. Note the screenshots. This does not happen when SM3.0 path is disabled. Note though that you do not gain performance when the geometry dissapears when comparing without the SM3.0 path so no fanboys using this as fodder.

Mullins1060
07-23-04, 10:52 AM
cryvision isnt broken i was just using it on catacombs, also i found that the if cryvision and the flashlight were on at the same time the elephant would disapear in the catacombs

OWA
07-23-04, 11:56 AM
I've noticed some issues when using the SM 3.0 path and using the flashlight but for me it didn't take away anything, it added stuff that wasn't supposed to be there. Like it would add parts of a pipe in my path that aren't there when the flashlight is off and when using the regular mode.