PDA

View Full Version : UK People - 6800 Ultra in stock now..@scan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nkarnold
07-23-04, 10:29 AM
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=128437

Its the Galaxy one.. Never really heard of em as a Video manufacturer.

But if your desperate.

Noxis
07-23-04, 10:36 AM
PCW Components got the BFG Ultra in stock:

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/bfgr68256uocuk&bklist=icat,4,shop,f,fa

Mesce
07-23-04, 01:22 PM
I jsut picked up a galaxy from scan and it came at 425 core and 1.1 on the memory. Runs far cry perfectly in 1280x1024 x4aa and x8 af no jitters wot so ever.

Bartflaster
07-23-04, 02:33 PM

Eeek .. bit late seeing this post, webby was showing stock so I ordered .. fingers crossed or they will get a very angry call if they taken my money and don't have stock .....

I thought BFG are meant to be a reasonable make, and its got 425 core, so I thought I would go for it.

Thanks for the heads up Noxis and NKarnold :)

Edit .. just got in progress mail ... :nanahump:

ralinn
07-23-04, 02:36 PM
Just ordered it also, thanks for the tip :)

I ordered a XFX 6800U from ccl computers but they say they are having problems with getting stock from XFX and I wouldnt be able to see mine for at least a month :(

Cancelled that now, hope this one goes well :)

Bartflaster
07-23-04, 02:42 PM
Which one Ralinn ?

ralinn
07-23-04, 02:43 PM

^^

Bartflaster
07-23-04, 02:44 PM
Eeek .. so its coming down to a fist fight between us two .. lol :p

Bartflaster
07-23-04, 02:45 PM
............ and the 400 others who saw this post !

ralinn
07-23-04, 02:47 PM
:D

How bout a thumb war? Winner gets the card :D

Bartflaster
07-23-04, 02:49 PM
Thumb war ? .. bugger, Ok who told you I was 6'4 and 17 stone :p

Bartflaster
07-24-04, 05:39 AM
Hmmm Now I am concerned, it is still showing as in stock, and I am sure they will have sold out by now, so it can only mean the webby doesn't auto update (how a large companies site like this can't get a web admin to set up an auto deduction on orders is beyond me).
Couple that with no phone number to ring to enquire (much better with a person to talk to live) is getting me worried they will have sold out before I ordered, but still take my payment as a pre-order.
This I don't want happening,I avaoided pre-ordering in case I can grab it from somewere else, which with an empty bank acc could be hard !
..... damn now I have to wait until monday to know even were I stand :fu:

MUYA
07-24-04, 06:41 AM
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=128437

Its the Galaxy one.. Never really heard of em as a Video manufacturer.

But if your desperate.
Galaxy is AIB partner of NVIDIA's with HQ in Hong Kong.

They are also our sponsors :D

I reviewed their 5700U back in November here. Beyond3D and Guru3D also have a few Galaxy cards that they have reviewed.

ralinn
07-24-04, 08:58 AM
Hmmm Now I am concerned, it is still showing as in stock, and I am sure they will have sold out by now, so it can only mean the webby doesn't auto update (how a large companies site like this can't get a web admin to set up an auto deduction on orders is beyond me).
Couple that with no phone number to ring to enquire (much better with a person to talk to live) is getting me worried they will have sold out before I ordered, but still take my payment as a pre-order.
This I don't want happening,I avaoided pre-ordering in case I can grab it from somewere else, which with an empty bank acc could be hard !
..... damn now I have to wait until monday to know even were I stand :fu:
Yeah I noticed this too :(

I had to cancel a XFX card because I would be in a queue for a month :(

I really hope this goes well for us, good luck Bartflaster :beer3:

NightFire
07-24-04, 09:00 AM
I guess with demand so high, it's darn near impossible to keep something in stock for too long.

Mistah-Bozack
07-24-04, 09:04 AM
I'm waiting for the XFX version. I'm very impressed with the cards that I have seen from them recently. If Doom III was out, it would be different.

Although, the temptation of a BFG 6800GT is getting quite intense, for sure.
:clap:

Bartflaster
07-24-04, 09:07 AM
I guess with demand so high, it's darn near impossible to keep something in stock for too long.
Yeah thats not the problem though ... if they kept the webby updated after every order was placed we would know if we have one coming ... thats the issue, as its still showing in stock we don't know if we got in on time or not ... just hope if we didn't get one, they don't debit our cards.
My experience is it debited quicker than it gets refunded ! (soapbox)
... ah well fingers crossed ralinn :beer:

EDIT:
Just checked my bank, the money has been deducted, lets hope it means I get one on Tuesday :beer3:

pingu2
07-24-04, 10:03 AM
PCW component website DOES auto-update in real time .. I know because I got my GT from them, and it must have been the last one because when I went back to the page 2 mins later it was gone!

Bartflaster
07-24-04, 10:27 AM
PCW component website DOES auto-update in real time .. I know because I got my GT from them, and it must have been the last one because when I went back to the page 2 mins later it was gone!

Oooooo .. yep BFG Ultra now showing out of stock .. so ralinn we could be getting a nice parcel Tuesday :drooling: :bounce: :super: :jumping: :dance:

MingtonHall
07-24-04, 10:39 AM
Monday before 10:30 or there'll be trouble :)

Ming

Mr. Teatime
07-24-04, 11:06 AM
I think I got the last one, it says 'released for delivery' now. Lucky I also bought a 550w power suplpy as well. Do these overclocked cards come with extra cooling as well?

Nutty
07-24-04, 11:57 AM
Just ordered a BFG 6800 GT OC from pcwcomponents.. Still says in stock, so hopefully should arrive soon.. :D

ralinn
07-24-04, 12:03 PM
Oooooo .. yep BFG Ultra now showing out of stock .. so ralinn we could be getting a nice parcel Tuesday :drooling: :bounce: :super: :jumping: :dance:
ow man ow man ow man!

I soooooooooooo hope we both get it!

:jumping: :thumbsup: :bounce: (dan)

Bartflaster
07-24-04, 12:16 PM
I think I got the last one, it says 'released for delivery' now. Lucky I also bought a 550w power suplpy as well. Do these overclocked cards come with extra cooling as well?

The BFG has stock cooler, but taken off by BFG and remounted with artic silver I believe ..
Released for delivery ?? hmm I still got in progress.

Hopefully my antec trupower 380w silent should be up to it ...

Mr. Teatime
07-24-04, 12:27 PM
The BFG has stock cooler, but taken off by BFG and remounted with artic silver I believe ..
Released for delivery ?? hmm I still got in progress.

Hopefully my antec trupower 380w silent should be up to it ...

I wouldn't be so sure, the description and nvidia recommends min 480 W for an overclocked 6800 ultra... i just bought a 'q tec' 550W power supply, haven't heard of the brand but i don't know much about components anyway
a 550W PSU is only £20 on tekheads last time I looked....
And my card has been shipped with an ETA this monday.... I just hope it works with my PSU or isn't broken or something. I've had money deducted from my account for 5 cards (twice someone attempted to steal, got my money back for one of them via fraud protection... others were pre orders where companies deducted money from my account even on the pre order) so I haven't had much luck so far.