PDA

View Full Version : Those with lockups and errors with 6800 card look here.

Vyper
07-23-04, 05:38 PM
Could some OP point out and make this one a sticky.

I don't care if you edit things or not, that doesn't bother me.

The thing that bothers me is that some of us out there with no clue what soever why their card has garbled graphics, BSODs, reboots etc can perhaps cure that.

It seems like many card manufacturers have flashed their 6800 GT/U cards with a (perhaps not faulty) VGA BIOS... :lame:

Well the thing is that i haven't been able to run Far Cry, RHITDRBL, Rightmark without application hang for a lot of seconds then if i'm lucky i would be able to get back to desktop.

Well i flashed my Inno3d 6800 Ultra with Gainwards 6800 Ultra BIOS and finally reverted back down to original Nvidia WHQLed drivers and has never had a lockup since then..

I just wanted to point this out to many of you which has problems out there and want you all to be able to use your cards as i am intended to do also.. Nothing more and nothing less...

Just my 5 cents..

Kind Reg. Vyper..

jeffz
07-23-04, 06:01 PM

The thing that bothers me is that some of us out there with no clue what soever why their card has garbled graphics, BSODs, reboots etc can perhaps cure that.

It seems like many card manufacturers have flashed their 6800 GT/U cards with a (perhaps not faulty) VGA BIOS... :lame:

Well the thing is that i haven't been able to run Far Cry, RHITDRBL, Rightmark without application hang for a lot of seconds then if i'm lucky i would be able to get back to desktop.

Well i flashed my Inno3d 6800 Ultra with Gainwards 6800 Ultra BIOS and finally reverted back down to original Nvidia WHQLed drivers and has never had a lockup since then..

I just wanted to point this out to many of you which has problems out there and want you all to be able to use your cards as i am intended to do also.. Nothing more and nothing less...

Just my 5 cents..

Kind Reg. Vyper..

do you think this can help people whit lot of problem?
i don't think, because if they flash the bios whit another brand if it not work properly the warranty gone and have to buy another card.

flashing bios of 6800 ultra is very dangerous and complicated for many people.

the card must working well directly from manufactured almost at stock speed.

this is just my opinion.
however someone can taste this solution and if work send me the right metod (spit)

Noxis
07-23-04, 06:46 PM

Just my 5 cents..

Kind Reg. Vyper..

Dont mean to be picky but that was discovered on these forums lol

Vyper
07-24-04, 09:26 AM
I know that it has been found out but it still isn't a sticky so people can notice it right away..

saturnotaku
07-24-04, 09:33 AM
There are already enough stickies on this forum. If people are having problems, this forum has a very nice search function.