PDA

View Full Version : Painkiller - Opera help - Spoilers possible

Sc0rp10n
07-23-04, 10:13 PM
i'm at the beginning of the opera level (just after you kill the giant general towards the beginning). i know i'm supposed to somehow stack these trash cans on top of each other to get over the fence, but i can't seem to do it. how in the heck do i get past here???

saturnotaku
07-23-04, 10:16 PM
i'm at the beginning of the opera level (just after you kill the giant general towards the beginning). i know i'm supposed to somehow stack these trash cans on top of each other to get over the fence, but i can't seem to do it. how in the heck do i get past here???

You don't need to do that. In the corner is a red set of doors that looks like a cellar entrance. Bust out your Painkiller weapon, start it a spinnin' and hack at the doors. They'll come off and you drop down from there. Just make sure you grab the shotgun before heading in. ;)

Sc0rp10n
07-23-04, 10:40 PM
got it, thanks! this game rocks!

saturnotaku
07-23-04, 10:42 PM
this game rocks!

Don't it, though? :D

Sc0rp10n
07-23-04, 10:58 PM
holy cow. the next level...asylum or whatever? dude. i'm playing it in the dark right now, and i'm actually scared! i see so much potential in a scary FPS. going through the asylum listening to those sounds...with my flashlight flickering in and out. scary! if there wasn't the cheese factor of painkiller going on, i'd be crapping in my pants right now!

Skrot
07-23-04, 11:14 PM
It sure got me worried about playing Doom3...

Sc0rp10n
07-23-04, 11:32 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i'm going to commit to ONLY playing doom 3 in the dark at night. i will not play this game during daylight hours. i will not play it on pansy difficulty. i will savor this game for several months. my rig is ready. i'm ready. bring on the horror!

SigmaOrionis
07-24-04, 06:53 PM
I kept thinking I had to get over that fence to. I finally did get over the fence using my stake gun to pop the trash cans up. I wasted at least 20 minutes trying to do that. :) . If you do get over, there is a golden chalice behind the dumpster. I cant believe I didnt notice the red doors sooner.

Sc0rp10n
07-24-04, 06:58 PM
yeah, i probably spent a half hour there too. i'm liking this game more and more. the asylum level was a trip! can't wait for doom3.

SigmaOrionis
07-25-04, 12:00 AM
Ya this is a very cool game. I set it aside for now until I get my 6800. It seems like this game instead of getting jerky when frames drop just starts to slow down. Kinda like you're in slowmo. Its pretty annoying so I'm gonna go back to it. Hopefully within a week:).

Certain monsters also cause a .25/second pause when I encounter them. Like the guys with the exploding barrels in the catacombs. When they explode i get a really bad hiccup. Its weird.

Another monster that causes this is the guys that morph into like twice their size. I think they are the vamps as soon as they go to morph and the dust comes off them. I get a hiccup.

The hiccup doesnt show up on the framerate counter though.

Skrot
07-25-04, 04:06 AM
It seems like this game instead of getting jerky when frames drop just starts to slow down. Kinda like you're in slowmo. I dislike this as well. To me the biggest problem is that the mouse input becomes laggy, or at least, it trails behind where it should be. Sorta like using a cordless mouse.