PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell PA + Geforce 6800 U = Ugly?!

Severian126
07-23-04, 10:35 PM
I just got a copy of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and was looking forward to see how it looks like on my PC (3.2 Gigs P4, 1.5 gigs of ram, etc.) equipd with a Geforce 6800 Ultra. The original looked good - sans buffer shadows, of course - and so I expected better graphics. I set the graphics to 1600x1200 resolution, up the quality to high and started the game, annnnd.........................I was really disappointed with what I saw. This doesn't look like 1600x1200 resolution. The screens were really choppy. It looked more like 800x600 resolution than 1600x1200. And it seems like there are no anti-aliasing! It looks worse when night vision goggles came on....what gives! Is the game suppose to look this sub par? Or is it my card? :p I'm running on forceware 61.76 WHQL (or is it WQHL?). :lame:

Oh well, at lest the shadow buffers shows up in the sequel. :retard:

Ludic
07-24-04, 12:38 AM
Did you install the game before or after the video card?

edisonwu
07-24-04, 12:49 AM
you may charge upon the game design, not the 6800U~~~right?

Severian126
07-24-04, 12:58 AM
I installed the game after I bought my card.

The more I play it, the more I'm attributing its ugliness to game design. I thought it would look a helluva lot better.

fivefeet8
07-24-04, 01:21 AM
FSAA doesn't work in SC:PT and Nvidia cards. It's automatically disabled. Much like Halo PC. It's got something to do with the way the game renders certain things. FSAA will mess them up, hence why it's been disabled.

And yes, night vision is suppose to look like that. The game isn't really that much of a step up from the original splinter cell in terms of graphics.

jsn117
07-24-04, 03:50 AM
i'm having preformance isssues with this game too...nothing over 20's even in 12X10

Ghosthunter
07-24-04, 10:21 AM
FSAA doesn't work in SC:PT and Nvidia cards. It's automatically disabled. Much like Halo PC. It's got something to do with the way the game renders certain things. FSAA will mess them up, hence why it's been disabled.

And yes, night vision is suppose to look like that. The game isn't really that much of a step up from the original splinter cell in terms of graphics.

Yep

i played this already onmy aold 9800 pro ati and i was very disspoainted graphics werent much better then first in fact i thought first looked better.

but from what i hear Splinter Cell 3 coming out end of year is suppose to be much better grpahicwise