mikechai
07-24-04, 01:03 AM
http://www.gzeasy.com

Look at the system requirements, LMAO!

*EDITE*
Don't hog their bandwidth! That is a nono :nono:

anzak
07-24-04, 01:05 AM
it takes forever to load! It must their server.

anzak
07-24-04, 01:09 AM
Meh, it still hasent loaded. From now on use www.imageshack.us to host images.

jAkUp
07-24-04, 01:10 AM
LOL! Wow that sure takes forever to load though... i hosted it here for those of us with less patience :)

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/3498/hl2.jpg

Skrot
07-24-04, 01:12 AM
Mouse?! I'll have to invest...

Odd that it says 'Minimum Requirements' twice.

XP_GUN
07-24-04, 01:15 AM
^ dangit more money to save :lame: odd that they have it twice must be a typo....

MUYA
07-24-04, 01:16 AM
2 minimum requirements? or is it fake? ie the photochopper typoed minumon for "reccomended" ..u guys dig what I am saying?

jAkUp
07-24-04, 01:16 AM
yea well... meh, wake me up when i finish doom3 :D :D

anzak
07-24-04, 01:22 AM
hmm...

http://img4.exs.cx/img4/6785/HL2box.jpg

MUYA
07-24-04, 01:32 AM
still...two minimum system requirements?

GlowStick
07-24-04, 01:37 AM
Hm, i suspect they could be fake, mainly becuase i dont think they would ever bother to get the trademark releases to the Disney movies, and how little text it had, really gives no info on the game, just some bs.

However i could be wrong.

Edge
07-24-04, 02:42 AM
Looks pretty fake, all those pictures were released from a year ago (though one looks suspiciously like it's from the alpha :D ). And that minimum requirements thing does indeed seem to be a typo, apperently whoever made it forgot that games have a thing called "recommended" requirements. Still, looks pretty nice overall...wonder if this is what the box will look like when the game is sold in Hong Kong ;)

demonized
07-24-04, 08:26 AM
From gamespot:

RUMOR #3: Half-Life 2 is only two weeks away from completion. Really. They mean it this time.

Source: Valve Software fan site hl2world.com.

The official story: E-mails to Valve PR director Doug Lombardi and the e-mail address on the post got no responses.

What we heard: On Tuesday, a frequent hl2world.com forum-poster and self-described "1337 d00d" started a thread with an audacious claim--that he personally had contacted Valve head Gabe Newell to ask about the progress of Half-Life 2. Less believable was the poster's claim that Newell wrote back and told him that, "At our current rate of find/fix bugs, we'll be down to zero bugs in 16 days." If true, that would mean that the infamously delayed shooter "might go gold at around the fifth of August." Normally, it would be easy to dismiss such posting to the overactive imagination of a PC gamer driven mad by the stranger-than-fiction story of Half-Life 2's development. However, the reputable news crew at Shacknews.com confirmed the story with Newell (who speaks to them regularly), all but legitimizing the story.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus, although whether Valve makes that deadline is a whole other matter...

so by the time we finish playing doom 3 we have half-life 2 ready to be play ed:nanahump:

GlowStick
07-24-04, 10:53 AM
From gamespot:

RUMOR #3: Half-Life 2 is only two weeks away from completion. Really. They mean it this time.

Source: Valve Software fan site hl2world.com.

The official story: E-mails to Valve PR director Doug Lombardi and the e-mail address on the post got no responses.

What we heard: On Tuesday, a frequent hl2world.com forum-poster and self-described "1337 d00d" started a thread with an audacious claim--that he personally had contacted Valve head Gabe Newell to ask about the progress of Half-Life 2. Less believable was the poster's claim that Newell wrote back and told him that, "At our current rate of find/fix bugs, we'll be down to zero bugs in 16 days." If true, that would mean that the infamously delayed shooter "might go gold at around the fifth of August." Normally, it would be easy to dismiss such posting to the overactive imagination of a PC gamer driven mad by the stranger-than-fiction story of Half-Life 2's development. However, the reputable news crew at Shacknews.com confirmed the story with Newell (who speaks to them regularly), all but legitimizing the story.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus, although whether Valve makes that deadline is a whole other matter...

so by the time we finish playing doom 3 we have half-life 2 ready to be play ed:nanahump:I think valve is just feeling the heat from Doom3, however just because they finish HL2, that dosent mean they are close to being done on all the OTHER stuff they promiced us.

So Lets see the list

1) HL2 (should be done in 2 Weeks)
2) CS: Source (just started on it?)
3) SDK Kit
4) Benchmark
5) Makeing it work on steam

Even if HL2 is finished in two weeks, its gonna take a few months for them to get it out.

MUYA
07-24-04, 11:34 AM
.wonder if this is what the box will look like when the game is sold in Hong Kong ;)

I will u know when I get it in retail.

aAv7
07-24-04, 12:01 PM
Box looks fake...doubt the game will hit stores until October at earliest.

anzak
07-24-04, 12:37 PM
hmm...

http://img4.exs.cx/img4/6785/HL2box.jpg

This is real, shown at e3.

killahsin
07-24-04, 01:14 PM
http://valve.hl2-files.co.uk

this is also real.

*EDITE*

What is with the picture jerking? 2nd time in the same thread.

majortom
07-24-04, 04:20 PM
looks like it'll have multiple covers. i hope it doesnt compete with doom3. PLEASE DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN YOU TWO!! :ORDER: PLEASE DONT SUCK!!!!

lightman
07-24-04, 04:34 PM
looks like it'll have multiple covers.

Of course it'll have. One for the late '04 leak, one for the april '05 pre-beta, one for the july '05 alpha rewrite, one for the dec '05 stolen version, one for... :firedevil :rofl

Vash
07-24-04, 04:54 PM
Fake or not, I really dig the box art on that first shot. Very, very slick.

Seoulstriker
07-24-04, 06:57 PM
Ooooh, too bad Sierra is now defunct. :D

Fatman
07-25-04, 01:25 AM
HL2 has no reason to fear competision from Doom3. Two different camps, each with their own fan base. Plus HL2 is not being released for at least a month after Doom3, if not longer. CS Source be will start around August 10th, thats at least one week of testing. Even if the game goes gold in the middle of August, it will take another two weeks to reach store shelves. It's more like to be released in late September.

Edge
07-25-04, 01:34 AM
Late September? Maybe the game really WILL be out on September 30th :D

Helanic Frost
07-25-04, 02:11 AM
There is no choice for me as i will be playing doom 3. I didn't like the first Half Life. I plan to buy every game made with the new Doom 3 engine. OPENGL goodness at it's best. HL 2 is just another dx9 title, i don't expect it to be anything all that fantastic, more like another Farcry but more emphasis on indoors. Farcry is ok and all but the AI is pretty stupid. Everybody i know told me the AI in farcry was tuff etc.. I was able to outwit them easily, they are very predictable.