PDA

View Full Version : Will GT prices go normal after Doom 3?

mustrum
07-24-04, 04:48 AM
I have the following problem: I'm not at home until september and therefore itS' pointless to buy a videocard right now. There's no GTs in stock here in Austria but i could preorder a MSI GT for 430 euros wich is as cheap as you can get them over here. That's exactly 520 US Dollars. It's a shame but normal here in austria. :(
Do i have to fear the prices will go up here too soon?
Should i order one as long i can?
Problem is i can't test the card for being faulty or not and it will basically ly around only.
I'd love to have a VGA silenced model. Can i expect them to be released until september?

What to do? (ack)
(help)

mustrum
07-24-04, 05:51 AM
Nevermind. i just ordered a Powercolor x800 PRO VIVO.
Why?
It can be modded to a x800 XT PE with a success rate of 80 to 90%.
Best bang for the buck to me since doom 3 is not the only game out there and the XT still plays it damn fast.
If it wont work i'll get me a GT. :D

Don't make a :fanboy: thread out of this please. I like both companies.
The x800 PRO modded to XT PE is a good deal AND IT'S IN STOCK here in austria.

Edit: It seems the success rate went up to 100% now. Some ppl just did it wrong. Radeon x800 XT PE here i come! :nanahump:

betterdan
07-24-04, 06:03 AM
So you know every single person that has tried the mod and every one of them was succesful? Wow you know a lot of people :D Just messin with ya. Congrats man it is your decision and enjoy your card.

mustrum
07-24-04, 06:28 AM
So you know every single person that has tried the mod and every one of them was succesful? Wow you know a lot of people :D Just messin with ya. Congrats man it is your decision and enjoy your card.
Of course not but there's a 60 page thread on a german board with a few hundred flashes so far and all worked!

No risk no fun! :D

saintall99
07-24-04, 08:01 AM
yeah almost every x800 vivo can be modded to xt pe.

wEEt
07-24-04, 08:16 AM
Achja, welches Board denn? 3DCenter? Forum Deluxx?

mustrum
07-24-04, 09:12 AM
Achja, welches Board denn? 3DCenter? Forum Deluxx?
3dcenter. Erfolgsmeldungen gibts aber überall. overclockers.uk,rage3d....
Hab eine Powercolor x800 PRO VIVO für 419€ bestellt. :D

Squidly
07-24-04, 10:10 AM
if you wont be home until september why not wait? You'll be able to find either card then at a cheaper price

mustrum
07-24-04, 10:40 AM
if you wont be home until september why not wait? You'll be able to find either card then at a cheaper price
The trick to mod x800
PRO VIVOs into XT PE's is well known by now. There most likely wont be any VIVOs of that kind around at september.
Rumors say the new sapphire x800 PRO VIVO with the blue PCB is not modable anymore allready.
I don't expect a price drop within the next 2 months either.
Thee only card i expect to get cheaper is the standart x800 PROs since they can't compete with the 6800 GT and cost the same right now.
I don't plan to buy a normal x800 PRO though. I want a 16 pipe card.

Anima86
07-24-04, 11:51 AM
i don't think ati mind that the card is moddable, they probbably knew that allready, It's cheaper for them to create the same cards and "mislabel" it.

wEEt
07-24-04, 12:03 PM
Ich hab jetzt grad kein Bock, Englisch zu reden: :D
Ich kenne jemanden, der bei e-Bug eine Club3D ViVo bestellt hat. Er hat alles richtig gemacht, die Pipes wurden freigeschaltet, es gab jedoch üble Grafikfehler - ohne Takterhöhung. Ich denke, dass Ati reagiert hat...

mustrum
07-24-04, 12:39 PM
Ich hab jetzt grad kein Bock, Englisch zu reden: :D
Ich kenne jemanden, der bei e-Bug eine Club3D ViVo bestellt hat. Er hat alles richtig gemacht, die Pipes wurden freigeschaltet, es gab jedoch üble Grafikfehler - ohne Takterhöhung. Ich denke, dass Ati reagiert hat...
Hmm ich bin mir auch immer noch nicht ganz sicher was ich machen soll.
Könnte ja morgen theorethisch abbestellen. HMM

Carbon Unit
07-24-04, 02:19 PM
I dont think the price will drop untill its easily availible

mustrum
07-24-04, 02:32 PM
I dont think the price will drop untill its easily availible
Hmm i might stick to my x800 vivo order then and mod it into a XT PE.
What to do? :(

MikeC
07-24-04, 02:40 PM
Hmm i might stick to my x800 vivo order then and mod it into a XT PE.
What to do? :(

Stay on thread topic. Go to Other Graphics forums to ask these questions about the Pro.