PDA

View Full Version : For all you "Leadtek Bios Users" ;)

Golden Sample
07-24-04, 07:00 PM
Hi

Well, for all of you who use the Leadtek bios for your 6800 Ultra i have an offer to make:

The XFX Bios which was found and provided by "Noxis" a few days ago.

The Leadtek worked just fine for me and my Gainward 6800 Ultra Golden Sample, compared to the "faulty" Gainward bios. Stable, fast --> Perfect!

BUT it`s only clocked 400/1100 by default in 2D/3D.

The XFX bios works just as fine, BUT has default clocks 425/1200 in 2D/3D!
--> So if you don`t want to oc your card to the limit, it might just do fine without the need for coolbits/Expert-tool and so on...

Another user @ the Gainward forum can now oc his Ultra to 478/1200 without problems. Even with the Leadtek he couldn`t reach this!

Well, it`s up to you if you like to try, but i thought with all this "bios-jungle" going on, it might be a useful hint! :nanahump:

Bios in attachment, just rename to xfx.rom (my Winzip is "crazy" atm, so i couldn`t zip it ;) )

Have fun!

Sven

:lol2: ... He`s :lame:

Anima86
07-24-04, 07:22 PM
thanks for sharing mate

cam9786
07-24-04, 08:33 PM
Yes, thanks much man!

cam9786
07-24-04, 09:03 PM
Doesn't work, even after I make it into a ROM. Just says "programming fail" when I use WFFLASH.

Golden Sample
07-24-04, 09:07 PM
Small instruction:

You HAVE to use NVFlash 4.42 like this: (Newer Versions of NVFlash seem to make problems for some users!)

-Dos Bootdisk (you should know how this works!)

-> in DosMode type:

" NVFlash -f xfx.rom -2 -p -u " --> DONE !

-Restart

Hope this helps!

BTW: If you want your old XXX.rom saved before flashing, just type

" NVFlash -b [old].rom "

Oh, and please don`t blame me, if anything goes wrong! Only flash your VGA-Bios if you encounter problems like hangs, crashes, freezes and so on.
This bios is used now by a lot of people, and it works just fine!

So only flash, if you know what you are doing!

Bye

cam9786
07-24-04, 09:10 PM
Thanks man. I love you. :-)

Golden Sample
07-24-04, 09:16 PM
Thanks man. I love you. :-)

...lol

Sure, man. No Problem :)

I hope this two bios versions (Leadtek and XFX) solve most of the problems some of us have or had.

I was really shocked, how bad the "faulty" old Gainward bios was. I almost rma`d my card, but when i tried the Leadtek bios i was really looking forward...

And the xfx finally saved my day!

Sven (spit)

Noxis
07-25-04, 05:00 AM
The full pack that I posted if you want to use it (including the nvflash) can be found here:

http://downloads.nbkservers.co.uk/6800.zip

Glad it helped :)

kahloq
07-25-04, 10:15 AM
Well if you guys want the BFG 6800 Ultra Bios, you can get it here:

BFG 6800 Ultra OC bios (http://home.comcast.net/~kahloq/BFGULTRA.ROM)

I uploaded it to my online storage. defaults are 425/1100. Mgith help some ppl having problems.

Vyper
07-25-04, 02:58 PM
I Flashed with the XFX and it seems to work ok. I've been stresstesting with 2 x SETI303 version and RHITDRBL for 4-5 hours without artifacts and errors.. The core reached about 89 degrees celsius though but it was stable..

So all in all, good BIOS for my Inno3d 6800 Ultra w/ WHQLed Nvidia reference drivers 61.76

Lfctony
07-25-04, 04:25 PM
I don't feel like flashing again, I'll just o/c manually if I want to. I'm simply so happy I didn't have to send the card back. But thanks anyway,