PDA

View Full Version : [Official] Geforce 6 Bios downloads

Pages : [1] 2 3

KarZyX
07-25-04, 11:55 AM
All Geforce 6 Bios i found are here :

************************************************** ************************************************** **************
Bios GEFORCE 6800 Serie (http://membres.lycos.fr/headquaker/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76)
************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************

Some Utils :

To edit Bios :
X-Bios Editor (http://www.mvktech.net/request.php?47)

To Flash Bios :
NvFlash442 (http://www.mvktech.net/request.php?41)
NvFlash446 (http://www.mvktech.net/request.php?42)

How to flash with nvflash

In dos Mode :

To save the bios : nvflash442 -b original.rom
To Flash le bios : nvflash442 -f xxx.rom -2 -p -u

OR

1. a:\nvflash -b backup.rom [Enter] -> (to backup the Orginal BIOS)
2. a:\nvflash -p -u -f file.rom [Enter] -> (to flash your card with a new BIOS)

To Look your Bios version => in Forceware Panel and look :
http://membres.lycos.fr/headquaker/BIOSVERSION.jpg [CENTER]

PS : I'm not responsible of your bad flashs!!!

EDIT : if you found other Bios, give me some links to dl it

GravY
07-25-04, 12:29 PM
well done..

jAkUp
07-25-04, 01:17 PM
Whats the difference between NvFlash 442 & NvFlash 446? Which would I use on an eVGA 6800 Ultra?

kahloq
07-25-04, 01:19 PM
Use 442 Many ppl have reported issues with 446 and it not reading the rom right, or other such errors.

jAkUp
07-25-04, 01:23 PM
Sorry for all the questions, but I want to flash my card but I have never done it before... I have flashed the motherboard numerous times though. Do I have to reinstall the drivers after it is flashed? I'm looking to flash it with nVidia revision 2

And also, on mvke's site, I read that this is the correct way to flash the BIOS:

1. a:\nvflash -b backup.rom [Enter] -> (to backup the Orginal BIOS)
2. a:\nvflash -p -u -f file.rom [Enter] -> (to flash your card with a new BIOS)

It's a few different commands than is quoted above... will either one work?

Mr. Teatime
07-25-04, 01:25 PM
How can I tell which version of the BIOS my cad shipped with?

jAkUp
07-25-04, 01:26 PM
This is where you see your current version:

kahloq
07-25-04, 01:34 PM
well the backup.rom is just the name of the file and can be called anything EXCEPT default.rom as long as its not over 8 characters in length. I backed up my bios and plainly just called it BFGULTRA.ROM When using the flash command to flash the bios, jsut use whatever name the file is.

when typing in the command forget about the 442 typing in nvflash442 at that dos prompt will get you an error cause there is no file called nvflash442.

just type nvflash -b evga6800.rom at the dos prompt while in the folder that contains the nvflash.exe file to backup your bios(you can name the bios file whatever...I just used evga since thats what card you got)

I would advise reading through the readme.txt to get more familiar with actually flashing the card. But if your not experiencing problems, theres no reason to flash it. But in the case you wanted to use the BFG bios, you would type the following: (according to mvke's site)

nvflash -p -u -f BFGULTRA.ROM

Also, nvflash doesnt have to be located on a floppy disk. You can have all the files located on hardrive(not one that is RAID as dos cant read raid..ie no driver)

jAkUp
07-25-04, 02:13 PM
I successfully flashed the BIOS... so far so good. Only problem I saw is when I was flashing, it said.. "Error- Cannot write to somethingswap.sys" But it seemed to complete successfully...

KarZyX
07-25-04, 02:24 PM
I successfully flashed the BIOS... so far so good. Only problem I saw is when I was flashing, it said.. "Error- Cannot write to somethingswap.sys" But it seemed to complete successfully...

yeah so its ok :D

ICE_PIMP
07-25-04, 02:53 PM
Is there anyway to edit the BIOS? So that i can get my 6800GT to run 400/1100 nativly without having to installe programs or change registers and such?

cam9786
07-25-04, 02:54 PM
Maybe Ray Adams BIOS Ediotr has that feature. Dunno. Google it.

ICE_PIMP
07-25-04, 03:01 PM
Maybe Ray Adams BIOS Ediotr has that feature. Dunno. Google it.

Alright ill give it a shot.. Ray Adams BIOS editor, is that the name?

EDIT: Build 520:

Added ID for new NVIDIA GeForse FX devices

Improved Ti 4x00 support

Seems kinda outdated :retard:

I checked it out though and its totale f*cked up :( Guess it doesnt work.. Any other tools out there?

hoop
07-25-04, 03:58 PM
what and how to use the bios editor?

cam9786
07-25-04, 04:17 PM
Well, I'll have to check for you guys, I'll look tonight for quite some time when I'm not BIOS flashing and other stuff.

Mesce
07-25-04, 04:20 PM
i dont need to. I have the same bios as karzyx by the look of things

Mr. Teatime
07-25-04, 04:49 PM
Use 442 Many ppl have reported issues with 446 and it not reading the rom right, or other such errors.

Can you explain some of the problems people are having with 446, I don't know whether to flash the bios or not when i get my card. Post links would be better where the people are having problems.

lowdog
07-25-04, 06:29 PM
A question please.

In the link showing the different bios available. Under the Nvidia bios there are 2 avaliable, rev 1 and rev 2....now the rev 1 is the one my card currently has and is 61 kb and the rev 2 is 62 kb....does this matter????

Help please :angel2:

Also is the rev 2 an official Nvidia bios??...where did it come from?

lowdog
07-25-04, 09:37 PM
HelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllO!

GravY
07-25-04, 09:46 PM
Is there anyway to edit the BIOS? So that i can get my 6800GT to run 400/1100 nativly without having to installe programs or change registers and such?

check out this thread, shows how to edit your bios.. Bios edit (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=36541&perpage=25&pagenumber=5)

jAkUp
07-26-04, 01:09 AM
I am now able to run OC'd in UT2004 without the game freezing :D w00t!

lowdog
07-26-04, 01:20 AM
jaKUp.

Is that with the nvidia rev 2 bios?

Did your core temp at idle go up with that bios?....mine went up 8C

Do you have both fast writes and side band addressing enabled with the new bios?

When I flashed to the nvidia rev 2 bios it said something about IEEE 1394 couldn't fit so was left out or something?????? WTF :retard:

jdunlap
07-26-04, 01:23 AM
jAKUp; we both have an evga 6800 ultra.. I was wondering which bios you flashed on your card. I get freezing and locking in games, and I want it fixed! :) Thanks for your help...

bmg
07-26-04, 01:55 AM
jAKUp; we both have an evga 6800 ultra.. I was wondering which bios you flashed on your card. I get freezing and locking in games, and I want it fixed! :) Thanks for your help...
I modded an evga bios (looks like an nvidia reference bios) over a week ago that seems to work fine. Actually I've done two versions, 2D/3D at 400/1100 in one and 425/1100 in the other. It's actually not hard to set them to whatever you want, only a one byte change in the bios. You'll want to keep 2D/3D frequencies the same in the bios, as that seems to be the key to reliable operation. Coolbits then works fine to set them to whatever you want. I've notified evga about this at least a week ago. I think nvidia and board venders must be in denial that something as simple as setting 2D/3D the same in the bios is the key to stable operation. I don't know if it's a bios/driver or a hardware issue, but setting 2D/3D the same in the bios is the key.

jAkUp
07-26-04, 02:00 AM
i used the nvidia rev. 2 to flash my card. I did not notice my core temptature go up.. if anything it seems lower. Fast writes and SBA are enabled...