PDA

View Full Version : (dis-)advantages of leadtek 6800 Ultra and XFX 6800 Ultra?

analogmaster
07-25-04, 01:58 PM
hay doodz,

i know i am a (newb) in this forum (unlike in other forums) and i am just wondering which one i should obtain cuz in my other technical forums ppl do not have xfx or leadtek, mostly pny, gainward or aopen :retard:

the xfx is coming in usual standard look but has a powerful bios and is clocked 425/1200 standard and to me it seems like their chips might be of a better sort than those of others cuz everywhere i look ppl get really nice OC with the xfx's core and mem. even tho it carries the standard cooling system.

on the other hand we have the leadtek card with a non-standard cooling system but clocked at 400/1100.

does any1 of u already have one from leadtek? i am wondering how noisy the cooler is or if it maybe performs better than the standard (some links to reviews?) and if the card can be clocked even higher than the xfx...

i am worried which one i should obtain but i think the xfx might be the better choice..

what do u think, pros and cons?

if sum ppl have an xfx or a leadtek i would really appreciate sharing their opinions with me....

thx doodz

rellingsen
07-25-04, 02:08 PM
I have a XFX Ultra and have not had any problems with it. All things being equal, I would take the card with the higher core/memory clocks.

analogmaster
07-25-04, 02:26 PM
that is what i meant. if a company gives out cards that come with a lot higher clocked bios i wonder if they have pretested their chips again to ensure the stability of their cards running at stockspeeds a lot higher than the usual ultras....

does any1 know about such an issue?

rellingsen
07-25-04, 02:40 PM
Yes, they are pretested and warrantied at what ever clock speed they ship at.

analogmaster
07-25-04, 02:45 PM
that is what i wanted to hear mainly :D

guess i gotta cancel my leadtek order and stick to the higher clocked xfx then ;)

it even comes cheaper then the leadtek card with a higher output. so all in all my decision is made i guess :lol2:

at what kinda maximum speed can u make ur card go stable?

if the cards come over pretested at such speeds i am sure the GW coolFX bios might be worth a look as it is the fastest one available running at stock speed 450/1200 :D

but the weird thing is that the common xfx bios pulls out at 420/1200 and yours as i see comes with 425/1150.. i am wondering if they use different bioses on their cards depending on how the run stable while being pretested, could that be?

burningrave101
07-25-04, 03:45 PM
I have the XFX 6800GT and i like it alot. XFX is getting better every year. They are usually one of the cheaper brands and they are among the most extreme overclockers.

XFX is right on the ball this round. They were the first to come to market with the 6800 Ultra's.

NoWayDude
07-25-04, 03:56 PM
Same here.Got a XFX 6800 GT, clocked this baby at 416/1110, and got myself a better processor and board.Look at the scores in my sig.It rocks.

analogmaster
07-25-04, 04:37 PM
nice score man,

looks to me like i shall get meeself such a nice one tho

i had an eye on gainward but it looks like they sux0r a lot this time :P

and i have never heard sh1t about xfx... overall they seem to carry the best bios available atm ;)

making the brand the one to be the chosen if i want extreme oc potential

great, now lets just hope the doodz are able to ship it right the way ;)

seems to be a good choice huh?

oRRus
07-25-04, 05:31 PM
Hi

It still would be great if some guys who own the leadtek could write how noisy its is!is it louder?or is it better? the gt seems to be louder,as from what i have read about it....but well,i would like to hear it from someone who owns it!

anybody has some links to reviews of the leadtek?

that review on anandtech was a joke....they did write tons of stuff,but not how noisy it is.....pfffffft!and i guys this would have been important to know since its not the standart cooling system.....oh well!

best regards

analogmaster
07-25-04, 07:53 PM
same here.....

:D

somehow it would like to know if the leadtek cooler is more silent than the standard one or if it even performs better.

nonetheless i'll get an xfx but the question about the leadtek cooler is still quite interesting to me

rellingsen
07-25-04, 08:11 PM
but the weird thing is that the common xfx bios pulls out at 420/1200 and yours as i see comes with 425/1150.. i am wondering if they use different bioses on their cards depending on how the run stable while being pretested, could that be?

I have seen XFX Ultra cards ship at 425/1.1, 425/1.15, 425/1200 and 450/1.1 so far. I guess it's the luck of the draw. My cards max stable speed is 446/1300.

nvjarett
07-26-04, 02:12 AM
ill be getting my leadtek non-ultra today

kahloq
07-26-04, 10:53 AM
Kinda off topic , but BFG's come clocked at 425/1100 as well.
Mine overclocks stable to 454/1280.