PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore pc gamer plays Chronicles of Riddick.Here my opinon..

qballshalls2002
07-25-04, 04:51 PM
THIS GAME BLOWS FARCRY IN THE WATER.(not graphics wize..DUH)...but in cinematics wize.I never played a game this movie polished since Halo in camera cintematic detail.The game freakin looks as good as CGI especially during the in-game cut scenes and this is coming from a hardcore pc highend graphics card freak.I cant believe that this game is playing on 3 year old pc graphics hardware and looking as freaking good if not better than FarCry running on my 9700pro.Its f**king unbelieveable.I havent been this "wowed" ever since Halo,when I first remember purchasing Xbox and Halo from my school loan money back in 2002.

Im currently playing this game on my pc monitor in 480p and the amount of polys being pushed,with the normal mapping details looks fabulous.This game runs well although it varies from 30-60fps depending on the amount of polys being displayed on the screen.My only rant to the first person shooting part is the lack of auto aim.Aiming face to face with an enemy is dreadfully hard.But all in all this game could be comparable to DOOM3.

Edge
07-25-04, 05:25 PM
Yes, the game was quite a suprise, both gameplay-wise and graphically (although I wasn't quite as impressed with it as you were, great lighting, though). It's amazing if you think about it: a movie-lisenced game, being developed by a newly created studio, being funded and partially designed by a hollywood actor, and adding elements of "stealth" and "hand-to-hand fighting" into the FPS genre (how many times have we seen THAT work out?), and it actually ends up being a very good game.

BTW, if you wanna try another highly cinematic first-person game, try Breakdown for the Xbox (it's only $20, too). The graphics aren't outstanding, but it has great immersion and a terrific story. It's a first-person fighting game, the hand-to-hand combat is definatly more advanced than Riddick's (though it takes a while to get used to). There are shooting parts in it, but they're secondary to the hand-to-hand fighting. The game definatly gets more interesting about an hour into it, when you truely realise how useless guns are (both to you AND your enemies).

monkeydust
07-25-04, 06:05 PM
Well, the game is coming to PC so I'll try it out then since I have problems aiming with those types of games on consoles.

gigapower
07-25-04, 06:37 PM
Well, the game is coming to PC so I'll try it out then since I have problems aiming with those types of games on consoles.

Riddick is a damn good game. I just rented the Xbox version and beat it in two days, but I will definetely pick up the PC version and give it a play.

Arioch
07-25-04, 07:16 PM
I was going to get it for my Xbox until I heard it was coming out on the PC. If it turns out to be a crappy port then it should be bargain-priced for the Xbox by then.

Say what you will about Vin Diesel as an actor but he is a hardcore gamer and takes his company seriously.

Anima86
07-25-04, 07:21 PM
this game indeed rocks!! I really like the toe-to-toe combats it's amazing :)

qballshalls2002
07-25-04, 07:27 PM
And I thought Xbox's graphics have been maxed out with Halo. lol :drooling:

Man the opening scene of the game where your first entering the prision with the credits showing is f**king awesome.Xbibit the rapper talking to me while im walking in the prision was awesome.This game is g0nna pwn.

Ruined
07-26-04, 09:09 PM
THIS GAME BLOWS FARCRY IN THE WATER

omg dirty!

Skrot
07-26-04, 11:39 PM
lol...

WeReWoLf
07-27-04, 12:11 AM
hmm... i didn't know that riddick liked Farcry in that way... dirty dirty games. They should know that it can clog up drains and whatnot.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-04, 12:28 AM
I actually think the PC version will look much better than FC... but after the offset bumpmapping is introduced (if ever) not so sure.... I own Chronicles of Riddick on Xbox and I loved it.... it was quite short but the graphics and gameplay were great. When it comes to PC I may buy it again just to see the game with little/no jaggies (Xbox had some bad ones at times).