PDA

View Full Version : USB Support and Bf24 flavor

laz007
07-25-04, 06:24 PM
Even though the bf24 flavor of linux has USB support, my USB keyboard still doesn't work! Under Windows :drooling: it's listed as device 0, under linux it lists it as device 3 and times out saying"won't accept new address" I don't have a ps keyboard and don't want to run out and buy something just because it doesn't work right like alot of people do! That's the beauty of Linux, there is usually a work around or it turns out to be something your doing wrong!!!!

Githss
07-27-04, 01:03 PM
Don't know linux that well are you running dual boot?? Try a different usb port.

laz007
07-28-04, 07:45 AM
I'm running a p4p800se Asus mobo, p4 prescott(2.8gig),1 gig DDR400 Kingston mem, 80 gig Seagate Baracuda SATA HDD, Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000(128mb) AGP 8x, usb 2.0,8 ports, no conflict in Windows,under Debian I get "timed out, won't accept new device #. For some reason windows assigns it dev 0, but Debian wants to assign it device 3 which causes it to time out. The modules for usb support are loaded,I'm thinking compile a new kernel 2.6.7, since 2.2.22 is the one the installer currently uses. I was just wondering if there was an easier fix.And yes I am running a dual boot machine,Windows XP :drooling: ,and GNU/Debian....I have tried all 8 usb ports,and changed bios config to legacy support etc....don't know what's left!

luks
08-19-04, 03:19 AM
I have similiar problem. I have MSI K7N2-DELTA, kernel 2.6.6, Debian Sarge and i can't use usb ports in linux (control timeout ..., won't accept address ...). They works fine in winxp.