PDA

View Full Version : gainward 6800GT GS only 2.0ns instead of 1.6ns

analogmaster
07-26-04, 05:57 AM
looks like they made a typo on their homepage, all GT's are and have been delivered with 2.0ns RAM instead of the expected and paid for 1.6ns

http://forum.gainward.de/viewtopic.php?t=355&sid=462d4e15117d3aebcb2e8cf340bc705b

check it out..

Melhisedek
07-26-04, 07:20 AM
looks like they made a typo on their homepage, all GT's are and have been delivered with 2.0ns RAM instead of the expected and paid for 1.6ns

http://forum.gainward.de/viewtopic.php?t=355&sid=462d4e15117d3aebcb2e8cf340bc705b

check it out..

Maaaan ! What did I paid so much money for than ? I got no extras, no fancy cooler, nothing!!! Just a bunch of cables and a few CDs. No games, nothing...
Can they do so ? Can I get refund or something ? I paid pretty penny for this card here is Sweden and I feel cheated or :nanahump: if you would like...

Anything I can do ?

Thank you for your time!

randsom
07-26-04, 07:25 AM
gts are supposed to 2.0 ns, the ultras are 1.6ns.

that being said, my gt runs very well 1.18, and if its cool enough with a fan blowing directly in the box, its run at 1.22.

EMunEeE
07-26-04, 07:28 AM
2.0ns GDDR3 memory is not bad at all. It overclocks extremely well. I once had a X800 PRO (sold) and it OC'd from 900MHz -> 1120MHz.

Melhisedek
07-26-04, 08:02 AM
2.0ns GDDR3 memory is not bad at all. It overclocks extremely well. I once had a X800 PRO (sold) and it OC'd from 900MHz -> 1120MHz.

It's not about speed... It's about being cheated. It said 1.6ns on their page. THey charged more for their card and me/everybody else thought it's because of memory.
I could get PNY GT for 76.1573192623 € less and Far Cry on top of that.

Instead I paid much more, didn't get anything + I got cheated.

Look at it like this. You buy P4 3.2 and pay the penny for it. But than you get to know it's not 3.2 but a 3.0 instead.
So you're stuck with lower performance+higher price you've got to pay+me telling you it's ok and perhaps it overclocks good.
Believe me not a good combination.

JoKeRr
07-26-04, 09:22 AM
man that really sux... I never bought any Gainward stuff b/c I always feel they're overpiced due to the Golden Sample moniker. Most reviews I read on GS didn't even overclock that well either. I also never liked their bundles, and the sketchy feeling since the horrible Ti4200 2d display

Templar
07-26-04, 09:47 AM
typo my )=#¤ Gainward just isn't the company they try to pretend they are.. There's no GOLD in anything from them.
Simon

Razor1
07-26-04, 10:03 AM
man thats a scam :lame: . Whats thier return policy?

Melhisedek
07-26-04, 11:29 AM
No idea really... I'm waiting for a respond from a guy that works for komplett.se to see if I can do anything via them. If not than it's GW next.
But somehow I think I won't get a thing.
It's not komplett.se fault. They never stated anything about "ns" or anything so I don't think they'll do anything.
Gainward on the other hand scamed me allright, and I think they will call upon "we reserve rights to change anything on this site" blablabla.

And in case I get to RMA it for Ultra, I still have to pay insane amount of money for nothing speciall really. Package sucks ( there is nothing in it really ), they have default cooling and cost much more than the rest. So in almost each case I'm fuxed...

Only thing that can save me is that komplett.se agrees to take card back and me to cash some more dough and get myself an Ultra. But I highly doubt it.

analogmaster
07-26-04, 11:50 AM
yea.....

selling GT "golden samples" with 1.6ns as stated in their page and now (after endless many weeks of selling them) stating that it is only an error on their webpage is kinda sh1tty :D

ppl paid a lot more cuz they thought they would get something near ultra but they did only get pure reference, nothing more, not even a cute bundle or maybe another design on the cooler...

i mean their are far the highest pricest reseller of nvidia cards and what do ppl pay for? just the name :D

nothing in the box but priced a lot higher than all other retailers

first the bios affair with their ultras, now the 1.6ns affair with thier GTs.......

pretty nice work i must admit :lame:

looks a bit fraudydoodydoodeldeedoo

Melhisedek
07-26-04, 12:27 PM
It can't be legal right? I wonder how will they explain to me that they can't help me because it was a typo!?!

s-flow
07-26-04, 12:34 PM
No idea really... I'm waiting for a respond from a guy that works for komplett.se to see if I can do anything via them. If not than it's GW next.
But somehow I think I won't get a thing.
It's not komplett.se fault. They never stated anything about "ns" or anything so I don't think they'll do anything.
Gainward on the other hand scamed me allright, and I think they will call upon "we reserve rights to change anything on this site" blablabla.

And in case I get to RMA it for Ultra, I still have to pay insane amount of money for nothing speciall really. Package sucks ( there is nothing in it really ), they have default cooling and cost much more than the rest. So in almost each case I'm fuxed...

Only thing that can save me is that komplett.se agrees to take card back and me to cash some more dough and get myself an Ultra. But I highly doubt it.

There should be no problem to return it.
I´m awaiting mine from daek.se and
it is clearly stated it will be 1.6 ns memory.

http://www.daek.se/webbutik/prod_show.asp?product_code=GAIN-6039

Lets see in a couple of days.

Melhisedek
07-26-04, 12:46 PM
There should be no problem to return it.
I´m awaiting mine from daek.se and
it is clearly stated it will be 1.6 ns memory.

http://www.daek.se/webbutik/prod_show.asp?product_code=GAIN-6039

Lets see in a couple of days.

Mate there is no 1.6 cards :( They just made a "typo" and had it on their site for quite a few weeks. So daek.se have probably just stated what they saw on gainwards site = 1.6ns.
But as this was a "typo" I realy doubt you'll get the right card :(

In my case I'm :nanahump: . Komplett.se didn't state anything about memory speeds so I can't call upon anything to return the bastard.

Good Luck to you really! Hope you get everything sorted out!

anzak
07-26-04, 01:54 PM
lol, this removes just about the only reason to go with the ultra now. After flashing my GT the "crappy" 2.0ns memory only does 1.2Ghz, only a 200mhz overclock. :cool: