PDA

View Full Version : Inno3D 6800 GT - A few ?'s

loafer87gt
07-26-04, 12:55 PM
First off I just wanted to say hi to everybody - I've been lurking on the boards here for some time but finally registered as I am now thinking about jumping ship from ATI in favor of a new GT card. Our local computer shop is getting in their second shipment of 6800 GT's later this week and are priced at quite a bargain compared to the X800 Pros. I am little bit leary about purchasing one, however, as I have not been able to find any reviews of their cards and the only info I found on this board is from users such as Vyper and Lear who are having problems with their 6800 Ultras. Just wondering if the apparently faulty BIOS issues have been remedied on their newer cards and if I should feel safe purchasing one. In comparison to other manufacturers - the Inno3d is a fully $100 less which makes it very attractive pricewise.

Also, how is their tech support? Is a guy going to have a hard time finding anybody who can speak a shred of english when calling their tech support should one required a BIOS update? Do they have a North American tech support number?

Lastly, am I S.O.L trying to use my old Sparkle 350 Powersupply to run the 6800 GT card and my P4 3.4 Northy? It puts out 15A on the 12V rail......

loafer87gt
07-27-04, 01:00 AM
Bump!

No one has one?

MUYA
07-27-04, 01:28 AM
don't expect a response 5 mins after u post it.

The stories you read here are not indicative that you will get a borked board. FOr 1 bad story here probably 100 users are fine with it? Staff wise, Saturntoku 's GT ran fine as does JuiceZ etc as well as a few other forum members.

Inno3D are a good brand, a company based from Hong Kong. I have had their GeForce4 Ti 4200 before. Having said that, with the initial run of Ultras/GTs, the AIB's probably get the cards premade (read Foxconn I think) on the colored PCB of their choice. All the AIB partners do is slap on the HSF of their choice and stickers. Qualify the boards again at the clocks they want to ship it and bundle it with their bundle things and ship em out.

The GTs should be MSRP'ing for $399

Your power supply maybe questionable. For more answers with regards to PSUs read this thread here;

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32856

garikfox
07-27-04, 02:49 AM
First off I just wanted to say hi to everybody - I've been lurking on the boards here for some time but finally registered as I am now thinking about jumping ship from ATI in favor of a new GT card. Our local computer shop is getting in their second shipment of 6800 GT's later this week and are priced at quite a bargain compared to the X800 Pros. I am little bit leary about purchasing one, however, as I have not been able to find any reviews of their cards and the only info I found on this board is from users such as Vyper and Lear who are having problems with their 6800 Ultras. Just wondering if the apparently faulty BIOS issues have been remedied on their newer cards and if I should feel safe purchasing one. In comparison to other manufacturers - the Inno3d is a fully $100 less which makes it very attractive pricewise.

Also, how is their tech support? Is a guy going to have a hard time finding anybody who can speak a shred of english when calling their tech support should one required a BIOS update? Do they have a North American tech support number?

Lastly, am I S.O.L trying to use my old Sparkle 350 Powersupply to run the 6800 GT card and my P4 3.4 Northy? It puts out 15A on the 12V rail......

Just buy one well talk :)

Phoking
07-27-04, 04:59 AM
Just buy one well talk :)

yeh if you run into any problems, these ppl got you covered like adult diapers on a hot day. :naughty:

betterdan
07-27-04, 06:23 AM
yeh if you run into any problems, these ppl got you covered like adult diapers on a hot day. :naughty:

What do ya mean? That we all smell like sheeit? :retard: