PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GTOC question for you guys

merx
07-26-04, 05:15 PM
I've had the card for about a week now...ordered it from newegg.com. Have a question for you guys that I need answered. On the box and under my impression the card is supposed to come at default 370mhz core speed. I popped it outta the box, updated the drivers to 61.76, setup coolbits and it showed 350/1100 in both 2D and 3D. So automatically, I'm thinking it was either packaged wrong, or there must be some bios flashing I can do to update it to the stock GTOC speeds. Anyway, I am on the phone with BFG tech support for an hour +. He tells me I have to go through coolbits and set it to 370 manually. I'm under the impression that it should already be at 370 since it's a GTOC card, not a standard GT card (which run at 350mhz I believe). I also tell him, If i wanted to buy a 350mhz core speed card I would have saved $100 dollars and bought a GT and OCed it to 370mhz if I wanted to. I told him I spent an extra $100 dollars to get the 370mhz speeds. Then he went on and on about how they dont support overclocking. Am I right/wrong or making an ass out of myself? Should the card come at 370mhz or do I have to manually go in and set it to 370mhz? If I am right, should I RMA to newegg?

Pimp!
07-26-04, 05:23 PM
your correct. they should come 370 out of the box, i know mine did, i didnt have to do it manually.

btw, how much did you pay for the card? you say 100 bux more than a GT... thats like 500 bux

v3rninate
07-26-04, 05:29 PM
You're right and wrong, yes the GT-OC should come with a clock of 370/1000. The only problem is you can't spend 100 bucks less on a GT cause their ain't any that are the same price as a 6800non-ultra-gt. So you're thinking the GT is around 499 or something, which is wrong, all general branded 6800GT's are 399.

The thing you should say is that your GT-OC card did not come clocked at the right speed. I demand the right card be sent to me, and replace the card with the right one. If they mess up again, call the MANAGEMENT and tell them what you have gotten into, and then get their NAMES. That way you have more leverage on the problems you've been having and you can use that to hopefully get money off the purchase of their product and/or other neat things.

GL!!!! :rolleyes:

merx
07-26-04, 05:31 PM
I paid $499 from newegg for the BFG 6800GTOC. Why I made the $100 less/more reference was that i was under the impression that stock GT's were going for $399 or so. I just called BFG back up, turns out the tech support guy I was talking to, had no clue what he was talking about. I talked to another guy, named Kevin, who told me they had a new bios out that was suppose to actually fix the problem. He just emailed me it, it's not on their website. I'll run it and let you guys know if it bumps me up to my stock 370mhz core speeds.

merx
07-26-04, 06:34 PM
bios update didnt work, told me I had wrong display adapter for it. I'll wait a week to see if they update (only been out two days) or RMA my card through them when they get some in stock.

kahloq
07-26-04, 09:54 PM
Ok ummmm I have a BFG 6800 GT OC bios. You can download it here and try using nvflash to flash your card. I dont have a GT, I have an Ultra so I cant tell you what the bios revision is or if it sets the defaults to 370. But I got it from someone else here that has a working BFG GT OC.

http://home.comcast.net/~kahloq/BFGGTOC.ROM