PDA

View Full Version : PNY 6800GT - Should I be concerned.

fuelrod
07-26-04, 07:03 PM
I recently got my PNY 6800GT and everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. When I start a Battlefiled 1942 game about half the time the load screen will briefly display a corrupted screen for less than a second. The screen looks like it has been busted up into small squares; almost checker board like. It only happens on the load screen and not during the game; and so far I have only seen it happen in Battlefield. Could this be a driver issue? Anyone else seeing this pattern or should I be concerned?

Before anyone asks, yes I have a good power supply.

aAv7
07-26-04, 07:26 PM
if its only happening in that game I would say its a driver issue.

saturnotaku
07-26-04, 07:34 PM
Far Cry exhibits similar behavior on the load screens. From what I've read about it, this is normal behavior that doesn't cause any problems within that game or any others. If your system is functioning normally, don't sweat it. :)

ynnek
07-26-04, 07:40 PM
far cry does thin white line occasinally on load screan

UT2k4 does this too on load screan, thought its oddly only happens when I move my mouse

I've looked hard for it to happen in actual gameplay, but it hasn't.

btw i have a bfg gt

ek0st0ns
07-26-04, 08:02 PM
far cry does thin white line occasinally on load screan
Happens to me in Far Cry too. During the game everything is fine though.

YOGIx213
07-26-04, 08:43 PM
It happens to me during Joint Operations but only on the load page, when the gaming begins, everything clears up. I don't really worry about it.

garikfox
07-26-04, 08:57 PM
Its drivers, I freak like u too, All u need to do is make sure that GT is at a Desktop TEMP of, about 58-62c :)

Games, Goes to about 69-72c :)

fuelrod
07-26-04, 09:01 PM
Thanks, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one.

garikfox
07-26-04, 09:31 PM
ya, Freaked me out too :)

Raptorman
07-26-04, 09:45 PM
Battlefield Vietnam does that to me. Driver issue, nothing to worry about.

sgio2
07-26-04, 10:05 PM
Same here on an XFX 6800 Ultra.

Zachary

Ninjaman09
07-26-04, 11:58 PM
Thin white line in UT2K4 loading screen for me. I'm at stock speeds. This makes me feel better too :D I o/ced my card for about a day and the temps got a bit hot so I went back to stock. It was doing the line thing the whole time though. And Far Cry load screen has "noise" sometimes - lines shoot across the screen really fast.

aAv7
07-27-04, 12:01 AM
Oh yea..thin white lines. I get those during farcry load screens. But the original poster of this thread said checker type corruption....checkers and white lines looks nothing alike in my book =)

fuelrod
07-27-04, 09:33 AM
The pattern I see looks like the screen is made up of tiny squares. I said checker board because the squares remind me of a checker board if every other square were missing, which they're not. I don't see white lines, just this square pattern. When people were responding was everyone saying they see white lines or were some of you seeing the square pattern like myself?

Ti22
07-27-04, 10:49 AM
I get those little white lines in Far Cry too.

ynnek
07-27-04, 11:43 AM
I just noticed, when you load F1 Challenge 99-02 cfg and test your settings, with AA on, I see a white line edge on the left side of the screen when its testing "loading textures"..

But no lines in the game itself.. and i was looking hard..