PDA

View Full Version : VIVO card with 7 pin s-video to rca converter

SkyLight
07-27-04, 03:37 AM
Hi.

Tried to do some searching, but I guess I failed, otherwise this topic wouldn't be here, now would it :)

Anyways, the problem is, I have a Leadtek Winfast A350TDH vivo card, but the guy I bought it from says he lost the vivo cable. Made me kind of sad, because getting the picture to show on a tv is a big deal for me :|

So I decided to try something. Got a 7 pin s-video to rca converter and plugged it in. Everything fits, so I power up my pc. But no luck, tv shows no picture during post. Even after meddling with nView and using google didn't help :(

So my question is, do I have to aquire a 9 pin vivo cable or is there some way I can use my 7 pin converter? Anyone have experience with this kind of situation?

oh, btw, video in is not important, just output.

ps. forgot to add, that even though the tv stays black, extending my desktop to it lets my mouse cursor move out of the monitor screen, as though tv is connected and working

lowdog
07-27-04, 04:22 AM
You need to get a GOOD QUALITY s-video to composit converter and a GOOD QUALITY cable otherwise you will only get black and white on the tv.

SkyLight
07-27-04, 04:57 AM
You need to get a GOOD QUALITY s-video to composit converter and a GOOD QUALITY cable otherwise you will only get black and white on the tv.
I would be glad if I got any picture at all :rolleyes: right now it only stays black.

And 7 pin s-video shoud mean better quality than 4 pin, correct me if I'm wrong :)