PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 available July 31st @ ebgames?

Pages : [1] 2 3

aAv7
07-27-04, 06:06 PM
I happened to be at the mall today with a friend, and decided to stop into the ebgames to see what the word was on doom 3. He checked his computer and told me Aug 2nd. I started to walk away and he went "wait...you got a pre-order on it?" I do (at that store too) so he said, we'll be selling only pre-ordered copies July 31st. Shelf copies are Aug. 2nd.

So basically, I'm writing this to see if anyone else has heard @ ebgames or any other retailer that the game may be being sold July 31st. Not sure if the guy was just having fun with me, or if it was true. And even if that's what he read on the system....who knows if it's right? Cuz if I walk in July 31st and dont have a copy i'm gonna be all :fu: and then grab him and :nutkick: :bash: :spank: :kar:

Seoulstriker
07-27-04, 07:09 PM
Selling on a saturday? Let's hope it's true!!! :nanahump: :nanahump: :nanahump:

Vash
07-27-04, 07:14 PM
No kidding! I'm gonna have to call my EB again and see if the date moved up. The day it went gold, they were talking about having them on the 4th.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-04, 07:34 PM
My EB in Texas said August 1st if you got in on preorder. I just hope to get it in soon :).

jAkUp
07-27-04, 08:11 PM
I just called my ebgames and they said the 4th :( But they also said that if they do happen to get it early, they will call.

Seoulstriker
07-27-04, 08:20 PM
I just called and they said it should be available next Wednesday (August 4th). Oh well. :(

|JuiceZ|
07-27-04, 08:22 PM
EB = 3rd
Bestbuy = 4th
Gamestop/Software ETC = 4th

Seoulstriker
07-27-04, 08:27 PM
(I think his avatar explains everything...) ;)

Seoulstriker
07-28-04, 09:17 AM
Who Dr D0rkis......er I mean Juicez?? :angel2: :lol2:

No, the OP! He has a Gordon avatar...

aAv7
07-28-04, 12:29 PM
No, the OP! He has a Gordon avatar...

I have a gordon avatar, but im looking foward to doom 3 just as much. If you notice, when I made the thread-I made it in the form of a question, because as I said, I wasnt sure if the guy was messing with me, if the system's date was right, or if it really is due the 31st. I have no reason to spend time writing a bogus thread about a game due in 6 days regardless :rolleyes:

ja18
07-28-04, 02:37 PM
has anyone pre ordered doom3 through the gamestop website? they said the game ships out the 3rd.. now do the people that have pre ordered online get it first or after people get it at the store?

revbatboy
07-28-04, 02:41 PM
has anyone pre ordered doom3 through the gamestop website? they said the game ships out the 3rd.. now do the people that have pre ordered online get it first or after people get it at the store?

I preordered mine from the gamestop store and they told me ships on the 3rd and they will have it on the 4th. Doesent really make since because most places get all the new games out on Tuesday. Guess I will have to wait and see.

ja18
07-28-04, 03:23 PM
hm.. they should have it in stock before august 3rd, hopefully mine will ship out before or that same day so i can get it the next day. i put it for overnight delivery... the wait is killing me

|JuiceZ|
07-28-04, 04:12 PM
Both Gamestop & EBGames www have the option to preorder online but for 'pickup' from a local store on the day of its release.

Riptide
07-28-04, 05:22 PM
I have preordered a few games from them and always regretted it. The local store always had it on the day they shipped so I was always a day or two behind going through the website. Waste of money (shipping) IMO.

**EDIT** Saw JuiceZ's post, didn't know they added that option. :)

DaveW
07-28-04, 05:28 PM
I have preordered a few games from them and always regretted it. The local store always had it on the day they shipped so I was always a day or two behind going through the website. Waste of money (shipping) IMO.

**EDIT** Saw JuiceZ's post, didn't know they added that option. :)

Thats exactly why I never pre-order anything. Even in the very unlikely event that its sold out at my local EB, there are atleast another 10 stores within driving distance I could buy it from.

The Boatman
07-28-04, 06:26 PM
Wish I lived in America (whine)

mrrolf
07-28-04, 06:30 PM
I got an ad in the mail today from MicroCenter. Top of the ad says "Doom3 Due In Store August 4th". I'm in Atlanta area.

I pre-ordered with Best Buy :fu: they say it will be released the 5th. Does that mean they will ship it the 5th.. so I'll get it a day or two later? If so, cancelled....

aAv7
07-28-04, 07:49 PM
best buy always gets games later than the rest....go for ebgames.com =)

Kev1
07-28-04, 09:15 PM
I pre-ordered from EB Games a few days ago. They had a special where you got free 2nd day air shipping.

I am not worried about exact day it gets here, just so long as I get it that same week :)

jAkUp
07-28-04, 10:23 PM
If I don't have the game the second it is released.. heads will roll :D

ja18
07-29-04, 12:19 AM
should i just cancel the online pre order then? i just know that the games stores around here will just be packed and plus is there a gaurantee t hat they wont sell your copy when it comes out the 4th or the 3rd whenever the hell it is.

revbatboy
07-29-04, 01:16 PM
Interesting

http://boards.ign.com/Doom_3/b5646/63827885/?16

Mr. Hunt
07-29-04, 01:18 PM
Just preordered it from my local EB and they said it WOULD be at that one on the 2nd. Can't wait.

ja18
07-29-04, 01:25 PM
w00t jjust checked my order status.. it changed from pre-order to processing :D!! i sure hope the rumors of the july 31st release are true