PDA

View Full Version : avoid gaming sites until you finish Doom 3?

Sc0rp10n
07-27-04, 08:31 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i plan on taking my time going through Doom 3. i plan on taking at least a month to finish the game. i'm only playing at night, only playing with all lights out and door closed, and going to go very slowly and methodically. i think i've already seen too much (just official trailers, G4TV icons episodes, official screenshots. i don't want to stumble upon too many spoilers. do you guys plan to avoid gaming sites until you finish Doom 3? do you think nvnews.net forums will be safely spoiler tagged?

Mr. Hunt
07-27-04, 08:49 PM
Not completely but I will probably avoid the majority of Doom 3 boards and stuff like that :).

WeReWoLf
07-27-04, 08:52 PM
i'll be advoiding the major doom 3 sites, and gaming sections of forums, coz i know i'll be drawn in to viewing doom 3 discussions if i look. I happily pre-ordered my copy of Doom 3 today, and i have also ordered my Creative Soundlabs 5.1 channel speaker system as well. all i need to do now is setup a fridge in the toilet along with my computer, and i'm set for gaming bliss.

Skrot
07-29-04, 08:09 AM
Hm. That's unwholesome :)

LiquidX
07-29-04, 08:19 AM
Same here I will be trying avoiding all reviews they tell or show too much off. I dont want anything to be ruined. Although not sure I will be able to play it in the dark alone with my damn skeeky house. :bleh:

ynnek
07-29-04, 02:17 PM
yea, I'm done reading anything about the actual Doom 3 game and screenshots and stuff..

Slybri
07-29-04, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I don;t wanna know how it ends before I begin...

Got my 6800gt overclocked and ready to rock.
Got my minifridge next to my compy stocked with The dew!
Got the windows all darked out.
got a brand new bag!

unfortunately i also got work on the 3rd,4th,5th....should have scheduled a holiday...

I hope gamestop gets em in early!!!

UAC MARS BASE here I come!!!

WeReWoLf
07-29-04, 07:35 PM
you think a squeeky house is bad? The house i live in shakes whenever anyone walks around... you can't hear it but you can feel it. It's like a 21" subwoofer has been aimed at the floor underneath me. Now won't that be fun when it's cyberdemon time?

Placid
07-30-04, 09:11 AM
You kill the Boss. The end.