PDA

View Full Version : Creative Labs Black mailed carmack into EAX HD support!

bloodbob
07-27-04, 09:35 PM
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14459

-=DVS=-
07-27-04, 10:15 PM
Now i hate Creative , what a bunch of loosers , to bad we don't realy have a choice , they Sound Cards are pretty mutch in monopoly :retard:

WeReWoLf
07-27-04, 10:17 PM
pretty much, but hercules are nearly as good. Too bad that Creative really are the best. They've gotten too damn ****y these days. But on another note, can someone explain to me in layman's terms what exactly this means for us gamers in relation to the sound issue? are we going with the performance hit version, or are we still using the same CPU controlled sound?

nvnews-reader
07-28-04, 12:19 AM
pretty much, but hercules are nearly as good. Too bad that Creative really are the best. They've gotten too damn ****y these days. But on another note, can someone explain to me in layman's terms what exactly this means for us gamers in relation to the sound issue? are we going with the performance hit version, or are we still using the same CPU controlled sound?

For Doom3 it means nothing. For future Doom3 engine titles it means EAX support will be provided as well as the original sound engine if devs decide to use it. Nothing wrong with a company getting a little value out of its patents.
:ORDER:

WeReWoLf
07-28-04, 12:58 AM
But seeing as Creative managed to "create" this optimiation not long after the renowned Alpha, it's a little strange..

eesa
07-28-04, 09:52 PM
I actually like AC97 onboard stuff since they seems to always work properly. I always have weird issues with creative. Sucks in more ways than one.

This patent though, that's just lame.

Sazar
07-28-04, 09:53 PM
heh... this is gonna make for interesting reading as more details emerge :cool:

given how crappy CL's software generally is its amazing they have a patent such as this out lol...

S.I.N
07-28-04, 11:36 PM
Sucks for Carmack good for those with an Audigy? :angel2: