PDA

View Full Version : New Santa Cruz drivers

saturnotaku
10-27-02, 12:59 AM
www.warp2search.net has posted a link to IBM's web site where you can download new drivers for the Santa Cruz for all operating systems. I'm hoping someone here has given them a try and can provide some feedback. 40 mb is a hefty proposition on dialup and I personally would like to be absolutely certain these drivers are worth having.

fishlung
10-27-02, 08:49 PM
If you ask me, you're better off with the drivers on the Turtle Beach website. The drivers off Warp2Search seem buggy enough. In Hitman2, the sound would randomly cut in/out in various degrees. Quite annoying. (Disclaimer: Then again, it could just be my machine.) :)

saturnotaku
10-28-02, 03:31 PM
The latest official drivers for Windows XP on Turtle Beach's site are the ones which came on the CD when I bought my card. :)

I appreciate the response and this is something I'll keep in mind when running my games. Unfortunately I don't own Hitman2. :( I set my download manager to go overnight. I only have a couple more megs to go, which I'll finish up when I get home from work tonight.

God I can't wait to move to an area where bandwidth is more plentiful. :mad:

fishlung
10-28-02, 05:04 PM
Always happy to be the guiney pig! :) Of course, you may want to try out the drivers yourself. I can't guarantee that the problems I experienced weren't just limited to my machine. Hehe.

SavagePaladin
10-28-02, 07:28 PM
Hitman 2 seems to have a lot of like problems actually.
I know a dude with an nforce where it crashes on him unless he turns EAX on...

saturnotaku
10-28-02, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by fishlung
Of course, you may want to try out the drivers yourself.

Soon as I'm done forum-hopping I'll be finishing up my download. :)

Curse this analong connection - I'd like to y'know be able to enter the 21st century in terms of my Internet connection. :rolleyes:

fishlung
10-29-02, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
Hitman 2 seems to have a lot of like problems actually.
This is true. The sound seems to have a mind of it's own anyway, which can be annoying, but it was a lot worse with those drivers. I still have sound issues in NOLF2, for some reason, as well. Thankfully I managed to enjoy these games anyway.

Originally posted by saturnotaku
I'd like to y'know be able to enter the 21st century in terms of my Internet connection.
Dialup is almost as bad as watching a puddle evaporate. After a few years of using DSL, there's no way I can go slower without going to anger management therapy. ;) Hopefully you can get some speed soon! And hopefully those drivers actually benefit you. Apart from the one issue I had, they seemed almost identical to the SC driver I've been using for the last year.

saturnotaku
10-29-02, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by fishlung
After a few years of using DSL, there's no way I can go slower without going to anger management therapy. Hopefully you can get some speed soon!

Tell me about anger management - went from my T1, always on school connection back to analog. I suppose I'm used to it for now, but still...:rolleyes:

On the bright side, I'll find out after November 6 if I'll be getting my much desired boost in Internet speed. If it is indeed go, the faster (and wireless :D) connection should be available to me hopefully by the end of January. :)