PDA

View Full Version : PNY 6800GT $419 in stock

Ruined
07-28-04, 02:46 PM
Currently $419, note this is compuplus so the price may rise at any time:

PNY 6800GT in stock $419 currently:
http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?id=1002742

This is currently the best online price for an in-stock 6800GT.

Bloody
07-28-04, 05:52 PM
with Lifetime Warranty! nice... but unfortunately shipping to US only. :(

Phoking
07-28-04, 06:48 PM
Currently $419, note this is compuplus so the price may rise at any time:

PNY 6800GT in stock $419 currently:
http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?id=1002742

This is currently the best online price for an in-stock 6800GT.

ouch $459 already.. sneeky bastards

Woodelf
07-28-04, 07:04 PM
with Lifetime Warranty! nice... but unfortunately shipping to US only. :(
Lifetime warranty, as long as still avilable to the market.

pharma
07-28-04, 07:23 PM
Lifetime warranty, as long as still avilable to the market.

Not true, they changed their warranty to match BFG's lifetime warranty so even after cards not available to market. Also, they have set-up an RMA web application and includes all past cards (I believe a result of a suit filed).

Woodelf
07-28-04, 07:32 PM
Not true, they changed their warranty to match BFG's lifetime warranty so even after cards not available to market. Also, they have set-up an RMA web application and includes all past cards (I believe a result of a suit filed).
That's not what it says here:
"This warranty is for replacement for like items only. Lifetime Replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if PNY no longer stocks them."
http://www.pny.com/support/warranty/?prod=verto

garikfox
07-28-04, 07:32 PM
Dont feel bad got my GT from a store here in AZ called PCClub. Got the last one they charge 449.00

The Boatman
07-28-04, 07:36 PM
In the UK I paid £274.95=$504.04 for a PNY 6800 GT.

You don't want to know what the current UK price for the Ultra works out as. You realy don't.

pharma
07-28-04, 07:53 PM
That's not what it says here:
"This warranty is for replacement for like items only. Lifetime Replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if PNY no longer stocks them."
http://www.pny.com/support/warranty/?prod=verto

It's possible the warranty info on the support page is still in effect, or needs updating. If you follow the link below and read the thread, you will see someone RMA's a 2 year old PNY Ti4200 64Mb vid card and recently got sent a fx 5200.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14272

Tanith
07-28-04, 07:56 PM
Ti4200 for a fx5200, doesnt sound like a fair exchange to me...

garikfox
07-28-04, 08:08 PM
It's possible the warranty info on the support page is still in effect, or needs updating. If you follow the link below and read the thread, you will see someone RMA's a 2 year old PNY Ti4200 64Mb vid card and recently got sent a fx 5200.

Makes sense, though.

Woodelf
07-28-04, 08:45 PM

I read it. They didn't seem very happy with pny either. They should have gotten equal or greater value, not lesser. according to price watch the fx is going for $26.00 less than the ti.
That's unacceptable. Plus I don't trust large corporations that don't spend the time to update their web site, means they don't want to spend time informing the customer (valve :lol2: ), which is probably also a good indicator of their service. It's not like pny has ever been much more than an oem substitute corp anyway. I just don't trust the image that pny is portraying right now. :)

Ruined
07-28-04, 08:58 PM
fx5200 64-bit sucks compared to ti4200.

pharma
07-28-04, 09:00 PM
I read it. They didn't seem very happy with pny either. They should have gotten equal or greater value, not lesser. according to price watch the fx is going for $26.00 less than the ti.
That's unacceptable. Plus I don't trust large corporations that don't spend the time to update their web site, means they don't want to spend time informing the customer (valve :lol2: ), which is probably also a good indicator of their service. It's not like pny has ever been much more than an oem substitute corp anyway. I just don't trust the image that pny is portraying right now. :)

I think the main point was RMA'ing an obsolete card, which PNY replaced with a substitute. After you depreciate the wear/tear of the card over 2 years you'd probably end up with what they sent him. He actually isn't that upset as I quote him later in the thread once he tested the card:

"Just to update, I dont feel so ripped off now

Yeah the card works, and its new.
Sorry but after 30 minutes of running in my PC, I can't deny the smell of fresh silicon being burnt in as not being new. Could have been a DOA from the factory card that was refurb'd but it works now.

Its clock defaults are 250/513.

I was bent out of shape b/c i was assuming they were passing off junk hardware they had recieved from past RMA's. Now i believe they must have bought some leftover Chaintech boards to fulfill RMA requests and labeled them as PNY. Which i still think is kind of shady in a fashion. I would have preferred being told what i would be recieving for my RMA.

I did assume I would end up getting a 5200 based on other posts i had read in the past. Some people got lucky and got Ti4400's for their RMA. But I am grateful to have a working card again. I think it will fit nicely into the wife's pc i am about to build. Hopefully it will last a bit longer than a year, cause i doubt they would do an RMA for this card, period." :)

Woodelf
07-28-04, 09:32 PM
I think the main point was RMA'ing an obsolete card, which PNY replaced with a substitute. After you depreciate the wear/tear of the card over 2 years you'd probably end up with what they sent him. He actually isn't that upset as I quote him later in the thread once he tested the card:

"Just to update, I dont feel so ripped off now

Yeah the card works, and its new.
Sorry but after 30 minutes of running in my PC, I can't deny the smell of fresh silicon being burnt in as not being new. Could have been a DOA from the factory card that was refurb'd but it works now.

Its clock defaults are 250/513.

I was bent out of shape b/c i was assuming they were passing off junk hardware they had recieved from past RMA's. Now i believe they must have bought some leftover Chaintech boards to fulfill RMA requests and labeled them as PNY. Which i still think is kind of shady in a fashion. I would have preferred being told what i would be recieving for my RMA.

I did assume I would end up getting a 5200 based on other posts i had read in the past. Some people got lucky and got Ti4400's for their RMA. But I am grateful to have a working card again. I think it will fit nicely into the wife's pc i am about to build. Hopefully it will last a bit longer than a year, cause i doubt they would do an RMA for this card, period." :)
He didn't say, I don't feel ripped off, He said "I don't feel so ripped off". Theres a difference. Also He stated that it was now going into his wifes computer. I don't know about his wife, but Mine don't game. The guy is just trying to look on the bright side.
Let me give you a for instance of a good warranty. I recently had to Rma a 7200 RPM 30GB Maxtor hard drive. I recieved a 7200 RPM 40GB. Not a 5400 RPM 40 GB. This is how it's supposed to be. Equal or better. Not worse. No if's and's or but's about it. An FX 5200 is the same as a celeron. Meant for oem's to pawn to the unknowlagable. not to true gamers.

Woodelf
07-28-04, 09:47 PM
After you depreciate the wear/tear of the card over 2 years you'd probably end up with what they sent him. :)

Video cards don't (generally) slow down with age like a car. If anything they get faster (burn in) or fail, possibly displaying garbled/missing images.