PDA

View Full Version : Powerstrip very slow

The Boatman
07-28-04, 02:59 PM
I'm running Athlon XP 3000, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP service pack 1 with Directx 9.0c and a PNY 6800 GT with Forceware 61.77, all at stock. Everything is running fine, except that Powerstrip is ver very slow. It takes about a minute to load up from the Start menu and about 2-3 minutes to bring up the options after I right-click the taskbar icon. When they do appear the options are not where I clicked on the icon, but in the middle of the screen. Very strange! Any thoughts/suggestions highly appreciated.

Bloody
07-28-04, 04:43 PM
Is this problem only with powerstrip?

The Boatman
07-28-04, 05:21 PM
Yeah, only with Powerstrip... BUT in reply to another thread on the Powerstrip forums at: http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1307 Rick Wang posted a beta of a Powerstrip update that fixes problems with the program and 6800 GTs, and has solved my slowness issue too.

oozish
07-28-04, 06:22 PM
I'm running Athlon XP 3000, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP service pack 1 with Directx 9.0c and a PNY 6800 GT with Forceware 61.77, all at stock. Everything is running fine, except that Powerstrip is ver very slow. It takes about a minute to load up from the Start menu and about 2-3 minutes to bring up the options after I right-click the taskbar icon. When they do appear the options are not where I clicked on the icon, but in the middle of the screen. Very strange! Any thoughts/suggestions highly appreciated.

I stopped using powerstrip during my trying to find out what was going on with 3dmark2003 crashing at the end of the test. I disabled the powerstrip and ran overclocked through windows display prop's and no crashes,....uninstalled powerstrip and no crashes (reboots) since. Before uninstalling powerstrip I used it to overclock and go back and forth from 2d to 3d.

It was very slow to load as well, but only to load for me. I'm sticking with display properties overclocking method or maybe later riva tuner tho i'm not really too impressed with using that.

The Boatman
07-28-04, 06:32 PM
Try the beta from the Powerstrip forums. If you have a GT it should work fine with that.