PDA

View Full Version : 2D/3D OCing?

superklye
07-28-04, 04:41 PM
Well guys, the card came and is in my box! I'm so excited! I tested for optimal OCing and it gave me 404core 1.1mem and I set that for 3D...do I need to do the same for 2d now or just leave it at stock 350/1.0?

Clay
07-28-04, 04:46 PM
I'd just leave your 2D at stock speeds. Unless you open a 50 Excel spreadsheets on a normal day or something then I don't really see much point in oc'ing your 2D clocks. :)

Bloody
07-28-04, 04:47 PM
No need to overclock the 2D frequencies you might consider downclocking them to lower the heat generated from the card. In 2D mode you actually don't need that high frequencies... :)

superklye
07-28-04, 04:52 PM
alright time out...i just overclocked it, i had all the settings and everything set...but when I restarted, it came back at stock speeds. What gives? What do I need to do in order to keep the card OCed?

Clay
07-28-04, 04:55 PM
alright time out...i just overclocked it, i had all the settings and everything set...but when I restarted, it came back at stock speeds. What gives? What do I need to do in order to keep the card OCed?
This is a known issue with the 3D settings, suppose it may apply to 2D as well. Try this, make your changes, then switch to the 3D settings and then switch back to 2D...should be what you just set, then click "Apply", then click "OK"...now the settings should remain...I'm not sure with the latest drivers but that was the fix with some recent older drivers.

Bloody
07-28-04, 05:23 PM
superklye, did you mark the "Apply these settings at startup" at the tab where you set your frequencies?

superklye
07-28-04, 05:35 PM
superklye, did you mark the "Apply these settings at startup" at the tab where you set your frequencies?

yes, i did. i made sure of it. even after closing the window and reopening it, that would be unchecked and all the settings would be at core.

I did what Clay said to do and it seems like it's working now...the card heated up at least, so I think that's a sign of it working ;)

npras42
07-28-04, 06:08 PM
I have found that running 2d and 3d at equal speeds gives more stability. I believe that some others have also noted this occuring here. You might be able to get some higher clocks too.

Also try turning off FastWrite in your BIOS. Some people have been getting stability issues due to OCs with this on too.

oozish
07-28-04, 06:18 PM
I have found that running 2d and 3d at equal speeds gives more stability. I believe that some others have also noted this occuring here. You might be able to get some higher clocks too.

Also try turning off FastWrite in your BIOS. Some people have been getting stability issues due to OCs with this on too.

I don't have this option in my bios...but when i enable coobits 2 i can see the option for fast writes is checked, and I can uncheck it. I didn't think you could disable fast writes from within windows.

oozish
07-28-04, 06:24 PM
Oh also, as of right now....windows will remember my core setting for 2d/3d, but not my memory. LIke, if i set standard for 2d, then set memory up to 1100 for 3d...it will change back to 2d core but the memory will stay at 1100. Ashame, since other overclocking utilities seem to have their drawbacks to using. I can't get this to work right and I've tried ev erything.

npras42
07-28-04, 06:37 PM
The Memory clockspeed won't change from 2D to 3D. Whatever you set in 3D will be the same memory speed in 2D and vice-versa. Only the GPU clock speed can be set independently. If thats what you mean...