PDA

View Full Version : Midway (Yes Midway) To Be The New Unreal Series Publisher

GamerGuyX
07-28-04, 06:52 PM
If you guys haven't heard, Midway will be the publisher for the Unreal series for the next couple of years.

Here's the LINK (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/28/news_6103664.html).

Midway's CEO David Zucker Had This to Say: "It immediately establishes Midway as a leader in the PC games sector"

No it doesn't! :bash: It's not like Midway created the games! If they did that would be a different story!

But that's just my opinion. :)

PsychoSy
07-28-04, 08:25 PM
Atari should never have tried to dictate the direction of the Unreal franchise to Epic. Big oops when you're not Microsoft or EA. Alas, their loss is Midway's gain! :)

Edge
07-28-04, 10:05 PM
Mmm, that's wierd, but whatever, it's not like the games will be majorly affected in any way by this. It'll be strange seeing a Midway logo next to the words Unreal, but certainly not the strangest thing I've seen. Now if only they'd bring out an online-compatable version of Hydro Thunder and Rush2049!

saturnotaku
07-28-04, 10:15 PM
I say good for Midway - always nice to see a Chicago-based firm get in on something big like the Unreal franchise. :)

jbirney
07-29-04, 10:41 AM
I am going to miss the Atari forums thought...bunch of cool yet wacky people :)

msxyz
07-29-04, 03:46 PM
I'm glad Epic didn't choose Microsoft, as it was rumored. Epic has always done much in the past to support Linux and OpenGL, I somehow doubt that M$ would have been pleased to have an in-house developer supporting other platforms.