PDA

View Full Version : LeatherFace Tomorrow is the 29th (DOOM 3 Related)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ReDxKiNG
07-28-04, 10:35 PM
This is what you said in the DOOM 3 thread that was locked, and I quote:

"woooooooooo.......

"allready, a desktop OpenGL crash (due to my use of the 61.76 NVIDIA beta drivers...) has stopped me playing for right now..."

"as I can see alot of nay-sayers, as I've allready discussed with JuiceZ, no screenshots or relevant media of DOOM 3 till' July 29...."

"I'll post a link on the 29 to where you can download as many screenshots to whet your whistle, In-game footage, Box pics, CD pics, manual pics, etc etc.... but not a moment earlier.... keep saying "nay" if you want, I really don't care."

"I guess the game handles different video cards with different rendering modes.... I have played some of it on both a Geforce 4 ti4600 and a Geforce FX 5950...... the 5950 ran great at 1280x1024 with all details at max, but ran its best at 1024x768 with all details maxed, no chugs, pure smootheness...."

"The Geforce 4 ti4600 ran a bit choppy here and there with some noticeable frame drops at 1280x1024, but nothing unbearable for the cards age. In certain scenes, though not really noticeable unless your looking hard, it almost appears as if the Geforce 4 ti4600, with all details maxed and the same resoultion as the 5950, has a tad bit of watered down effects.... not as clean, crisp, textures a bit fuzzier, etc... but other than that, just fine. at 1024x768 with max details, th Geforce 4 ti4600 ran just fine.... very smooth, no noticeable chugs..."

"The system used was an Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB DDR400 RAM, 120GB Seagate SATA drive, Audigy ZS, Windows XP Pro with SP2 and DX9c release canidates... and a Samsung Syncmaster 955DF monitor, with a standard Logitech surround sound system."

"As far as the lighting, bumpmapping and shaodws go, they are top notch... it appears alot of the physics and models/weapons have a sharper design and higher quality to them than what you may have seen in the leaked E3 alpha... as well as the performance..... truly unbelievable how a couple more years of development can help things....."

"gonna play a bit more... i'll have some info on weapons and new creatures and levels tommorow afternoon"

This is just a reminder to tell you that people(myself included) are expecting you to do what you said you would do on the 29th..

SH64
07-28-04, 10:42 PM
Lol you still remember that ? i already forgot about leather's story !

Clay
07-28-04, 10:46 PM
It might be a good idea to send LeatherFace a PM just in case he forgot.

cam9786
07-28-04, 10:46 PM
I've been waiting til the 29th too. Thats tomorow, maybe if hed come forward and post some if hes got em, or just stop acting like this and tell us it's a hoax if he doesn't.

ReDxKiNG
07-28-04, 10:47 PM
It might be a good idea to send LeatherFace a PM just in case he forgot.

Did it right after I made this thread

SH64
07-28-04, 10:48 PM
He shoulda've finished the game by now ..

Clay
07-28-04, 10:49 PM
Did it right after I made this thread
:thumbsup:

|JuiceZ|
07-28-04, 11:00 PM
*sigh* there's a D3 subforum.....

leatherface
07-28-04, 11:00 PM
very well aware tommorow is the 29, but thanks for the reminder.....

less than an hour untill all hell breaks loose

ReDxKiNG
07-28-04, 11:02 PM
*sigh* there's a D3 subforum.....

sorry about that..

MUYA
07-28-04, 11:17 PM
all hell breaks loose?

leatherface
07-28-04, 11:17 PM
woooo almost the 29....

although im gonna wait until morning do to anything....

my Best Buy BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra has shipped and will arrive before noon and I'll do some screenies with the freshness of my new card.

i'll keep ya guessing...

Phoking
07-28-04, 11:20 PM
woooo almost the 29....

my Best Buy BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra has shipped and will arrive before noon and I'll do some screenies with the freshness of my new card.

i'll keep ya guessing...

lol i can make a folder called 'doom 3' too. lets just hope you dont have any problems installing your video card tomorrow :rolleyes:

or worse.. your card doesnt arrive and you dont want to post ss with your old video card..

ReDxKiNG
07-28-04, 11:21 PM
woooo almost the 29....

i'll keep ya guessing...

ok good,at least step one is completed and that step was for you to see this thread and respond. :firedevil Muahahahaha,Everything is going according to my master plan .

leatherface
07-28-04, 11:22 PM
lol i can make a folder called 'doom 3' too. lets just hope you dont have any problems installing your video card tomorrow :rolleyes:

or worse.. your card doesnt arrive and you dont want to post ss with your old video card..

of course if i had problems, i'd just pop back in my 5950....

:lame:

leatherface
07-28-04, 11:24 PM
man you guys are just dying to see if I'm telling the truth.....

I know if I wasn't, I wouldn't have bothered to post a reply back to this

edit: if you really wanted to play the game right now, you can..... Razorback 2.... i'll say nothing further until tommorow

ReDxKiNG
07-28-04, 11:25 PM
Well the fact that he didnt make any excuses about not being able to comply with what he said(yet) raises the credibility bar a notch(at least for me anyway) cant wait leatherface,I look forward to this :jumping: :

Clay
07-28-04, 11:31 PM
man you guys are just dying to see if I'm telling the truth.....

I know if I wasn't, I wouldn't have bothered to post a reply back to this

edit: if you really wanted to play the game right now, you can..... Razorback 2.... i'll say nothing further until tommorow
Well I'll bite and say that I'm not doubting you. Your actions aren't the pattern of a cheesy poser. :) I look forward to tomorrow morning oh and thanks. :thumbsup:

ReDxKiNG
07-28-04, 11:37 PM
woooo almost the 29....

i'll keep ya guessing...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=7205

Wait a sec,is it just me or in the page in the background(UA-CORP) all the way at the bottom it says "Transport Arrived" But if you look at it closely it looks like the text was added on(Its even a different color than the color of the text on top)..(Like a bad photoshop or something). I am not doubting leatherface im only pointing out something that just doesnt add up,but like leatherface said,He will just keep us guessing until tomorrow.

SH64
07-28-04, 11:42 PM
Yeah ! i dont believe this .. the transport is still inbound .. it hasent arrived yet . something is fishy about this .. :p

leatherface
07-28-04, 11:47 PM
oh christ

i'll say one last thing tonight

to emualte the TRANSPORT ARRIVED end of countdown, set your computers date to August 3 2004 or later, and then load up Ua-corp.com and see for yourself

ReDxKiNG
07-29-04, 12:00 AM
oh christ

i'll say one last thing tonight

to emualte the TRANSPORT ARRIVED end of countdown, set your computers date to August 3 2004 or later, and then load up Ua-corp.com and see for yourself

Wow you were right :sry: ,I guess I put my foot in my mouth there,but dam it what do you expect by taunting us with such tactics. :rolleyes: :)

|JuiceZ|
07-29-04, 12:00 AM

hrm....works...I'll be on the look out tomorrow :mohawk:

mikechai
07-29-04, 12:11 AM
Its already 29th here. How many hours left leatherface?

WeReWoLf
07-29-04, 12:16 AM
it's been the 29th here for the last 14hrs and 20mins. please please hurry up...