PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Vietnam Patch 1.1 :D

CaptNKILL
07-28-04, 11:13 PM
Yup, its here:
http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1091042401/

Scroll down on that page for a complete list of changes.

Its a shame there isnt any change to the sounds\sound engine, but i think this patch will really improve the game a lot. Im going to go try it out now :D

S.I.N
07-28-04, 11:34 PM
Yup, its here:
http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1091042401/

Scroll down on that page for a complete list of changes.

Its a shame there isnt any change to the sounds\sound engine, but i think this patch will really improve the game a lot. Im going to go try it out now :D

What are you talking about Cap? The sound is the best thing about BF:VT, well except the far away explosions are not as good as the others. Bahh downloading now.

CaptNKILL
07-29-04, 01:20 AM
What are you talking about Cap? The sound is the best thing about BF:VT, well except the far away explosions are not as good as the others. Bahh downloading now.
What sound card do you have? The game's sound is extremely irritating. The guns dont make any noise from 50 feet away. The music from vehicles can be heard about a half mile away where as the engines (even on the larger helicopters) cant be heard until they are on top of me. Speaker position problems (center sounds are much quieter than ones to the sides.. to the point where i actually have to turn to hear if theres a vehicle in front of me).

These, and the quality of some sounds is just bad. I enjoy the game, but whatever they did to the sound engine, I HATE IT. BF1942 sounded pretty much perfect on my computer... specifically Desert Combat. Explosions behind me actually came out of my rear speakers at a reasonable volume (where as in BFVC I dont think it even outputs to my rear speakers for some reason) and all sounds are a good volume and quality. I can actually select "hardware sound" in BF1942, where as in BFVC I have to either select Miles "fast" mode, or the horrible sounding EAX modes. Hardware sound in BF1942 provides perfect 3d positional audio...

Thats my gripe with the sound in BFV :D

faraday
07-29-04, 05:52 AM
You my hero :clap:

"At laaaassstt..." :nanahump:

edit: wait a minute....no performance increase? aahh :lame:

Cr0n0
07-29-04, 07:03 PM
Well i dont expect any perfomance increases in the near future, the Refractor 2.5 engine isnt the best and im looking forward to see what they can do with the BF2 engine.

But the patch is great, it added all the things i wanted and the new map is superb. I have had some soundloss too in the new patch, dont know if its related to the patch or me ripping out my audigy card to test the onboard sound :)