PDA

View Full Version : WTB: AMD Barton 2500+ unlocked

WimpMiester
07-29-04, 07:18 PM
I'm looking for an AMD Barton 512K 2500+ unlocked. Must be unlocked.

ragejg
07-29-04, 09:26 PM
I have one that's unlocked... $58 shipped, MO preferred.

My heatware ID: ragejg

...do you have references?

WimpMiester
07-29-04, 09:41 PM
I'm new to this so I don't no what MO is or Heat ware. I did just recently buy a CPU on the Rage3D.com forums and did that transaction US Mail COD. COD has always been reliable for me. Your price seems fair and I'm willing to look into MO and Heat ware if necessary.

kraigc
07-29-04, 09:59 PM
MO=money order, heatware is a reference website for trading

WimpMiester
07-29-04, 11:59 PM
Money Order, I should have guessed that. I went to heatware.com and I don't see where that is a secure service and where is the guaranty with money order? I think COD is more secure for both parties don't you?

ragejg
07-30-04, 12:10 AM
I never do COD. MO for probably 80% of my transactions. It's the method I prefer.

Guarantee? This is no Dell store, my friend. ;)

The chip's at work right now, approx 2 ft to my left. You get a MO mailed up to me, and I'll have this thing out to ya the next day. If thats what you want to do. If you want to go further with this trade, lets do so via PM (Personal message)

Hardware trades usually work as so: If you don't have cred, then you pay first. If you have a bit of cred, then you can if you want ask fellow traders about cross shipping... And as far as the product being shipped before the $ is in hand, that's basically a no-no in my book.

WimpMiester
07-30-04, 12:22 AM
I don't think you understand COD (Cash on Delivery). The post office or UPS etc. will not deliver the package untill they get the money. Then they give that money to the sender. I know I get my package and you know you get your money. I don't trust anybody enough to give them the money first without any guarantee I'm getting something in return. So I have to say if you don't want to go COD then I'll just wait for someone who will.

UDawg
07-30-04, 12:52 AM
OK! I'm stupid and got this whole thread wrong.

/backs out with his tail between his legs.

WimpMiester
07-30-04, 01:16 AM
OK, I don't like where this is going so I’m going to have to insist on COD as the transaction method. Thanks for the current offer but I guess I'll have to pass.

ragejg
07-30-04, 10:53 AM
No problem, but please do realize that my transaction ethics are pretty much standard.

mrdak
07-31-04, 01:50 PM
Hi, I'm waitin on a friend to buy a couple things from me and when he does, I might want to buy your Barton. Is it factory unlocked ? or modded ?

ragejg
08-01-04, 11:33 AM
Factory unlocked, yes. :) Modded, no.

mrdak
08-01-04, 04:53 PM
Almost forgot, what about the cache.....512 ? yes ??

Either way, 256 or 512, I want the chip.....Thank you..
Oh, and I have no problem with taking care of my end first...wimpmeister hasn't done this before to realize,,,,,you have aver 3000 posts....I think you can be trusted........................ :rolleyes:

WimpMiester
08-06-04, 01:21 PM
Bump, still looking

DiscipleDOC
08-06-04, 01:25 PM
I can vouch for ragejg.....he's a good buyer......

ragejg
08-06-04, 01:31 PM
well, that cpu's gone now, DD... Thanks for the props though. :)

WimpMiester
08-06-04, 03:01 PM
I can vouch for ragejg.....he's a good buyer......

That's nice but I'm not sending a money order. I will use COD only because this is what it was created for.

ragejg
08-06-04, 03:04 PM
Dude, you should really go to [h] and see how trading is done. I think your policies are skewed. I've dealt with traders like you before and have tried to be accomodationg as possible, but it just got to be too irritating dealing with the paranoia or whatever on the other end. I'm sorry I sound harsh, but I'm an esablished hardware trader with a good idea of how things are to work re: hardware trading.. and somehow you've got it all wrong.

WimpMiester
08-07-04, 12:58 AM
Dude, you should really go to [h] and see how trading is done. I think your policies are skewed. I've dealt with traders like you before and have tried to be accomodationg as possible, but it just got to be too irritating dealing with the paranoia or whatever on the other end. I'm sorry I sound harsh, but I'm an esablished hardware trader with a good idea of how things are to work re: hardware trading.. and somehow you've got it all wrong.

Look, I don't know what your problem is and I don't care. I'm never going to buy from you so get over it and STAY OUT OF MY THREAD or I'm going to have to report you to the moderator. I've tried to be polite about it but you’re starting to piss me off. I don't trust you and I never will. No honest person would be so against COD which is the proper way to send items when money is involved. Seems to me you’re worried about mail fraud because it’s a federal offense and they will pursue it. Unlike a money order were its real easy to screw someone. It's free money, because if you take it and give nothing in return no one is going to do anything about it. Any layer will just say how stupid you are for sending a money order.

ragejg
08-07-04, 10:41 AM
I AM a moderator, and a staff member here. Thanks for the insult. Go somewhere else. Good bye.