PDA

View Full Version : And yet, ANOTHER game delayed...(And my bickering about it)

aAv7
07-30-04, 10:32 AM
Sometimes I wonder if developers dont have secret meetings and plan this stuff. Seems like they get off on dissapointment and delaying games for us. (yes im joking) This is pretty weak though. Now Brothers in Arms is also being delayed from oct. 04 to Q1 05....

For the few that havent heard..stalker has also been delayed till Q1 05 "due to Halo 2 being released they felt it was the smart thing to do" bull%$#@ ....Halo 2? So a console game changed the schedule of a pc game!? ooooook then.

And last but not least the Medal of Honor demo being pushed back several weeks for unkown reasons....

This is the stuff that annoys me about pc gaming. I really hope HL2 ships this year...otherwise, we only get doom 3....whoopie. =/

Mr. Hunt
07-30-04, 10:37 AM
I doubt HL2 will ship this year. I really hope TF2 releases this year :rolleyes:

cam9786
07-30-04, 10:47 AM
I really hope that if HL2 doesn't release this year, someone just steals them game again. Valve is lying bastards and they deserve it. Seems like a bunch of games are taking lessons from Valve on how to be assholes and delay your hugely cool upcoming game til a year or more later. September 03, to September 04, ha what a joke.

|JuiceZ|
07-30-04, 11:43 AM
ultimate17 = (soapbox)

:D

aAv7
07-30-04, 11:51 AM
lol...yea I know...I'm acting kinda childish...but man...these delays really annoy me. :retard:

majortom
07-30-04, 01:47 PM
valve was really stupid to announce the original sep release. they should have kept quiet until they were at least at beta. imho.

superklye
07-30-04, 01:59 PM
I was under the impression that TF2 WAS the mp for HL2?

And that really sucks about BiA...i was really looking forward to that. Some of the best looking graphics ever and what better time frame than WWII?

JEOMK

Edge
07-30-04, 02:16 PM
I believe Counter-strike Source will be the primary multiplayer for HL2, though I'm assuming that they'll have some kind of standard deathmatch as well. Would be nice if TF2 was added to the multiplayer lineup, but no word on that yet.

superklye
07-30-04, 02:36 PM
I believe Counter-strike Source will be the primary multiplayer for HL2, though I'm assuming that they'll have some kind of standard deathmatch as well. Would be nice if TF2 was added to the multiplayer lineup, but no word on that yet.

I've been saying since TF2 disappeared from the radar and HL2 was announced that TF2 would be the MP for HL2 and I will stand by that until the game is in my hands and I am proved wrong.

Woodelf
08-01-04, 09:22 PM
Afaik counterstrike source is the multiplayer (as stated by pcgamer). Half life will (some how) be able to run on source too.
Now I heared some rumors that the only difference to counterstrike will be physics and graphics, and that there will also be some other mods updated. I also heared that the add on for HL2 was allready in the works.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/counterstrikesource/preview_6103815.html

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/counter-strike-remake-source-engine-powered/531716p1.html

http://www.nilhanth.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

theultimo
08-01-04, 10:53 PM
Note: CS:CZ members beta test CS: Source soon.

Postcount +1

Sazar
08-01-04, 10:56 PM
hey.. least far cry came out as a sleeper :cool:

Kamel
08-01-04, 11:58 PM
Brothers in Arms is also being delayed from oct. 04 to Q1 05....

i'm not familiar with the month that starts with a Q?

Zeta
08-02-04, 06:01 AM
I've been saying since TF2 disappeared from the radar and HL2 was announced that TF2 would be the MP for HL2 and I will stand by that until the game is in my hands and I am proved wrong.

Valve has already said that counter-strike will be the multiplayer for half life 2. They did say that team fortress 2 is still being worked on and they will finish it up when HL2 and CS:S are both done.

Lalander
08-02-04, 06:05 AM
i'm not familiar with the month that starts with a Q?

Q1 = The first quarter = January to March

DarkKeeper
08-03-04, 10:01 AM
Yeah that pisses me off I was looking forward to Stalker. I was watching a couple movies for it the other day got myself all hyped up about it and now this. :fu: :fu: :fu: