PDA

View Full Version : WHOA! Baaaaaaad news!

Pages : [1] 2

superklye
07-30-04, 02:28 PM
My boss John just called the local Gamestop here in Milwaukee for a confirmation of the release date (he pre-ordered the Xbox version) and the clerk told him that the PC version was pushed back a few days (number unknown) and the Xbox version is postponed indefinitely.

Apparently they found some massive flaw with the game and will be bundling a patch CD WITH the game and the Xbox version is just in limbo for right now.

I don't know if this is true, it's the first I've heard, but wow...this could be bad. :(

jAkUp
07-30-04, 02:40 PM
nononononononono you lie you lie!!!!!! nononono i refuse to belive!!!!!!1.noasdfnoasdfifu nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GamerGuyX
I don't believe it. No seriously, I don't believe it.

superklye
dude, i don't want to believe it either, but that's what happened.

maybe someone else can give their local store a call and see what's up?

GamerGuyX
07-30-04, 02:41 PM
dude, i don't want to believe it either, but that's what happened.

maybe someone else can give their local store a call and see what's up?

I will only believe it if I hear an OFFICIAL confirmation.

Straight from id's ball sucking mouth (yes, I am mad at the moment, but not at you).

-=DVS=-
07-30-04, 02:44 PM
Whoa there 6 frikkin CD plus 7th PATCH CD SOAB !! :fu: (soapbox) (xxx) :angry:

aAv7
07-30-04, 02:44 PM
massive flaw and id usually dont go together.....guy @ gamestop might of been messing with you.....they did this to me back in 98 when everyone was calling about zelda: ocarina of time for n64...they got so tired of the calls they started making things up-they told me the game (zelda) was being held back @ last minute because nintendo found something wrong with the gold on the special carts. Nonetheless, the game shipped on time.

I just find it hard to believe they would delay shipping to include a patch....why not just direct everyone to the offical site to download the patch once the game is installed, yknow?

GamerGuyX
07-30-04, 02:45 PM
Whoa there 6 frikkin CD plus 7th PATCH CD SOAB !! :fu: (soapbox) (xxx) :angry:

6? Everybody has been telling me 3.

-=DVS=-
07-30-04, 02:46 PM
6? Everybody has been telling me 3.

only 3 ? no way , can't be so small :eek:

Nutty
07-30-04, 02:52 PM
Uk shops claim 3 discs soo far.. I assumed 6 cos of the POTD that was done on planetdoom.. :)

DaveW
07-30-04, 02:52 PM
Its gamestop screwing around and giving you an excuse as to why you wont really get it on saturday. "Its been delayed, there is a flaw, it should be fixed and ready to ship by.... August 3rd"

doodlebob
07-30-04, 02:56 PM
Yes its only 3cd's and the guy at Gamestop is messing with him.
So its (bs) (bs2) (bs)

cam9786
07-30-04, 02:56 PM
Lets see, 2100 MB, each disc holds 700MB , thats 3 discs, DUH! Oh and yeah, same thing happened to me with Vice City, gamestop told me there was some flaw and that they couldn't ship til a few days later. My bull**** detector went off so I went down there and guess what, I was the proud owner of Vice City that day.

superklye
07-30-04, 02:59 PM
hmm...well, like I said, I really hope all of you are right. I'm going to keep calling around and seeing what's up. I also found it kind of funny that there was this massive flaw that escaped everyone, beta testers, id, and then PCGamer when they reviewed it.

GamerGuyX
07-30-04, 03:03 PM
Lets see, 2100 MB, each disc holds 700MB , thats 3 discs, DUH! Oh and yeah, same thing happened to me with Vice City, gamestop told me there was some flaw and that they couldn't ship til a few days later. My bull**** detector went off so I went down there and guess what, I was the proud owner of Vice City that day.

Why do we let them do this? Honestly why do people let gamestop do this to us? That's just a sign of bad business if you ask me. And yet we continue to fall for it and buy stuff from them. God! It just makes me so angry! (po)

S.I.N
And leatherpucface really got a copy early. It would have been annouced already and these games take weeks to duplicate so naw. (mag)

Riptide
Oh c'mon guys.. You waited years so what's a few more days??

/runs off and hides
(aaa)

superklye
07-30-04, 03:05 PM
Why do we let them do this? Honestly why do people let gamestop do this to us? That's just a sign of bad business if you ask me. And yet we continue to fall for it and buy stuff from them. God! It just makes me so angry! (po)

i never buy anything from gamestop unless it's on clearance. that store is way overpriced.

Edge
07-30-04, 03:08 PM
Luckly, Gamestop has a LOT of games on clearance. Their $9.99 and under PC rack has been growing steadilly, and actually has some nice deals on it. Though some of their regularly priced stuff is...well...regularly priced, they don't have sales on stuff very often. But sometimes I get lucky, they do quite a few trade in promotions and such.

Ninjaman09
07-30-04, 03:12 PM
Hey, did you say your boss called and not you? Are you sure it wasn't him who was screwing with you?

Anyway, even if there was a huge flaw, an entire CD wouldn't be necessary to patch it. Lots of games that have been released by fairly reputable companies have needed patches right out of the box, and every time they've been downloadable, not stamped on a CD after a massive recall of the most anticipated game ever. Think about it for a second and you'll realize it was B.S.

superklye
07-30-04, 03:12 PM
Luckly, Gamestop has a LOT of games on clearance. Their $9.99 and under PC rack has been growing steadilly, and actually has some nice deals on it. Though some of their regularly priced stuff is...well...regularly priced, they don't have sales on stuff very often. But sometimes I get lucky, they do quite a few trade in promotions and such.

yeah, that's the problem. they NEVER have stuff on sale and more often than not they still charge normal prices on stuff well after BB has it marked down to $20 or $30.

superklye
07-30-04, 03:14 PM
Hey, did you say your boss called and not you? Are you sure it wasn't him who was screwing with you?

Anyway, even if there was a huge flaw, an entire CD wouldn't be necessary to patch it. Lots of games that have been released by fairly reputable companies have needed patches right out of the box, and every time they've been downloadable, not stamped on a CD after a massive recall of the most anticipated game ever. Think about it for a second and you'll realize it was B.S.

No, he didn't lie. He never lies. That is what the gamestop guy told him. and I don't believe it 100%, but it has placed a seed of doubt in my mind. I won't completely discount the truth of this until I see it on shelves on 8/2 or 8/3.

aAv7
07-30-04, 03:15 PM
best buy/circuit city seem to have the best prices on new stuff-that's where I go...unless it's a situation like this-where a pre-order is needed, then I go (relucantly) to ebgames. Their also over-priced...but the workers there seem to be less idiotic/****y/and ignorant than those i've expierenced @ every gamestop i've gone too.

ynnek
07-30-04, 03:29 PM
i don't believe it.

what I can believe, is they won't release the game till Aug 3rd, which is the official release date.. even though they have them sitting in the back closet ready to go.

My friend tells me the warez version is already out.. :rolleyes:

stncttr908
07-30-04, 03:31 PM
I don't believe this crap. How are all the benchies and whatnot being conducted? These sites with preorders have a job to do, and that's let their customers know when the game is due out. I haven't seen any changed dates.