PDA

View Full Version : DFW 6800U/GT Sightings?

mikloyd
07-30-04, 07:09 PM
Most places online are out of stock ... ok well ... all of them are. Besides, I am extremely leary of ordering online from anyone other than Newegg, and they are out of stock (and gouging) on all.

Anyone in big D seen a 6800 Ultra or GT on the shelf?

I checked Comp USA(Walnut Hill & Plano)/Best Buy(Walnut Hill)/Frys(Plano) late yesterday. Frys Plano had a PNY GT that was open item, but the box was pretty mangled so I passed (was $379.00 tho).

I'll probably check those same stores in the morning, but if you score, please hit this thread!

Gretel needs your help!

garikfox
07-30-04, 07:11 PM
Most places online are out of stock ... ok well ... all of them are. Besides, I am extremely leary of ordering online from anyone other than Newegg, and they are out of stock (and gouging) on all.

Anyone in big D seen a 6800 Ultra or GT on the shelf?

I checked Comp USA(Walnut Hill & Plano)/Best Buy(Walnut Hill)/Frys(Plano) late yesterday. Frys Plano had a PNY GT that was open item, but the box was pretty mangled so I passed (was $379.00 tho).

I'll probably check those same stores in the morning, but if you score, please hit this thread!

Gretel needs your help!

They gave u 20.00 off, i would of taken that GT. :)

Eg. Mine was in Town Az, 449.00 thats how much mine cost. :(

MrTraffic
07-30-04, 09:17 PM
Hey I went there to get a motherboard and 64 cpu. Instead saw that card and bought it. Workes great in fact I think there was someone here that posted about returning it. Box was kind of bent but I had them open it and all looked ok.

mikloyd
07-30-04, 11:48 PM
Too funny MrTraffic! Cheers on a good bargain!

They didn't happen to get more GTs in did they?

Mr^Yahtzee
07-31-04, 01:04 AM
i went to frys after calling them at the sacramento store and the manager told me someone had just returned a xfx6800gt and there was nothing wrong with it' he held it for me till i got there from stockton and i purchased it for $379.99 and to my supprise it was never even opened and it was a pny6800gt :) it runs hecka great!

boogak
08-03-04, 11:48 PM
The Fry's in Arlington had three BFG 6800 GT's in stock a few days ago.

rent
08-04-04, 12:31 AM
I haven't seen any at brick and mortars in DFW... then again, I don't check that often cause I got mine over a month ago :)