PDA

View Full Version : Display problem on shutdown

AnneW
07-31-04, 06:09 AM
My mobo is an Asus A7V8X, with an 128MB XFX Geforce FX 5200 graphics card. Since I installed the driver downloaded from NVidia I have had video problems at shutdown. The screen flashes black and white character sized patterns, and this continues for the length of time it takes for the shutdown sequence to complete. There is no way that I can watch the sequence messages.

This did not happen when I was using the Mandrake-supplied driver. I upgraded because I wanted the extra acceleration to use for video processing.

Any advice, anyone, please? I can post more system info or a snapshot of the display if it helps.

Anne

AnneW
08-21-04, 02:41 PM
In case anyone reads this in the archives - I was running the 6106 driver. I downgraded to 5336 and the problems disappeared. FWIW I know of a number of people who have had problems with 6106 that disappeared when they changed back to 5336.

Anne

saturnotaku
08-21-04, 03:08 PM
Nobody needing that information is going to find it here because this should have been moved to the Linux forum.

AnneW
08-21-04, 04:23 PM
Sorry if I didn't find the right forum. Still, I assume that it will be picked up amongst all the other forum and newsgroup items if Google is used.

Anne

SteveGoodey
06-15-05, 08:02 AM
Correct, thanks AnneW, it did.