PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with graphical errors

Phelix
07-31-04, 09:44 AM
I dont exactly know what to ask or how to explain the problem, so i will do the best i can..

i have a geforce fx 5200 128mb, works fine in many games.. a couple of days ago a friend asked me to play shadowbane with him again.. used to play it with no graphical problems.. well anyways heres what im experiencing now.

lines, flickering vertical and diagonal, and other crazy wierd image glitching.. its hard to explain, but i do notice that it does it in the Dawn demo, as well as Direct3d test in dxdiag.. i've re-installed directx , im using dx9b.. i've reinstalled my video drivers, uninstalled them reverted back to older drivers, then back to the new drivers.. i've changed resolutions, refresh rates, changed settings in my bios, nothing im doing is working, i've played with every setting i could see to change, still no difference.

if anyone even understands what im talking about, or knows what i can do to fix it please help..

anzak
07-31-04, 10:29 AM
First off, welcome to nVNews. It sounds like your GPU is overheating or dieing, could you post some average idle and load temps.

Ruined
07-31-04, 10:32 AM
Time to buy a new card. The 6800 non-ultra is quite good btw ;)

Phelix
07-31-04, 10:44 AM
Well i dont have temps or anything.. not atm anyways.. but i can say this.. it only happens in certain games.. lineage2 runs fine.. no graphical errors what so ever.. and needless to say i dont play anything else, but as far as buying a new card.. i dont think that is the answer im looking for ;p

how can i get tempature readings easily? also dont think thats a problem either.. but im not against trying it..

Ohh something i forgot to add.. these glitches are graphical errors of the textures in the game. not something that looks like hardware failure.
if that makes any sense.. i heard some term "rips" dunno whether that applies here or not.

anzak
07-31-04, 11:02 AM
how can i get tempature readings easily? also dont think thats a problem either.. but im not against trying it..

Go into the drive control panel and click temperature settings.

Ohh something i forgot to add.. these glitches are graphical errors of the textures in the game.

Do the textures ever get "dots" on them? Usually white like "snow".

i heard some term "rips" dunno whether that applies here or not.

I dont thing you need to worry about high frame rates :rolleyes:

Phelix
07-31-04, 11:34 AM
132F is the average i could come up with for system or cpu temp..

just realized this is happening in lineage2 now as well.. any help would be appreciated

Phelix
07-31-04, 07:46 PM
Bumping this because i seriously need help please

cam9786
07-31-04, 09:04 PM
It's probably going bad-the GPU. I would either Buy a new one or RMA this one if you can.

Phelix
07-31-04, 09:24 PM
quite possibly, i put in an older nvidia card using the same drivers/directx and no problems.. this card that im using now was doing something similar on my wifes computer.. after swapping it to mine no problems. im wondering if it might possibly be a dirty agp slot causing this problem..

before this started happening on my comp with the 5200 i had opened the case and re-configured a different cd rom drive.. after turning it back on and installing the shadowbane game the problems started.. im going to take the 5200 and put it in my wifes comp, and see if it has the same problem as mine.. if not then i will post the results

as for now the mx 440 64mb that im using now is working good in my comp.. but was doing almost exactly the same thing as the 5200fx when it was in my wifes comp