PDA

View Full Version : Who wants coop in d3?

majortom
07-31-04, 12:09 PM
who, after being denied in halo, would want to have coop in doom 3?

Ninjaman09
07-31-04, 12:22 PM
I'm sure everyone would, but it ain't gonna happen, unless someone mods it. Which would be quite a ways off, I imagine.

Seoulstriker
07-31-04, 12:40 PM
The experience is in singleplayer. Maybe someone will convert a bunch of maps for a coop mod, but I don't want to go through the who story with other people.

SH64
07-31-04, 12:57 PM
I want Doom3 for myself ! :greedy: :p

Zeno
07-31-04, 01:42 PM
Normally I'd say yes, but if it would have made the game take any longer, I'd say no.

ynnek
07-31-04, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't mind co-op Doom3..

Cota
07-31-04, 02:39 PM
I'd probably kill may partner lol

FierceDeityLink
07-31-04, 03:58 PM
Since they're releasing the source to all of the maps (assuming SP), it should speed up the process...

Arioch
07-31-04, 04:25 PM
Well I will just get Doom 3 for my Xbox also to get my coop fix. Hopefully the PC version will get it at some point.

CaptNKILL
07-31-04, 04:35 PM
Is there some really obvious thing im missing as to why consoles can have split screen (or even networked??) co-op mode in just about any action game, but there have been like 2 co-op computer action games in 10 years?

I hope im missing some real obvious flaw in co-op computer gaming, because its really irritating thinking that no one does it solely because they dont want to. Id LOVE to play Co-op in any game that has a single player and multiplayer, they should all have it :retard:

Mr. Hunt
07-31-04, 04:36 PM
Yeah.... I love to play alone but it would also be nice to play through the game with other people.

CaptNKILL
07-31-04, 04:39 PM
hmm... just thought about it a little, and is it possible that it has something to do with varying computer speeds effecting triggered events and computer AI?
For example, two players have totaly different systems, and some physics and AI events are paced differently...?

I dont know, this sounds possible but not likely (there are plenty of games that have bots, physics, and triggered events in multiplayer mode, but no co-op).

Jocomp10
07-31-04, 04:40 PM
Is there some really obvious thing im missing as to why consoles can have split screen (or even networked??) co-op mode in just about any action game, but there have been like 2 co-op computer action games in 10 years?

I agree I didn't know there were aney computer action games with co-op, but it sure would be nice to have it. Isn't splinter cell 3 going to be co-op on the computer?

Mr. Hunt
07-31-04, 04:52 PM
Yeah and it looks SWEET.

CaptNKILL
07-31-04, 07:42 PM
I agree I didn't know there were aney computer action games with co-op, but it sure would be nice to have it. Isn't splinter cell 3 going to be co-op on the computer?
I think the serious sam games have co-op play, and unless im mistaken, all of the previous Doom games did as well (or am I wrong?). Other than that, i cant think of any.

Leech
08-04-04, 08:47 PM
Yeah, Serious Sam (1st and 2nd Encounter) was a blast playing it co-op. And I do remember Doom 1 (on the Jaguar at least, can't recall on the PC version) had Co-Op, and I played Co-Op on Doom 2. The Rainbow Six games also have Co-op mode. I love playing games like that cooperatively. In fact, at the latest LAN parties I've gone to, they usually just turn into Raven Shield parties.

I was SO looking forward to Doom 3 having a co-op mode. Then my brother (who reads a lot more info about video games than I have time to) told me that the Xbox had exclusive rights to supporting a cooperative play. Microsoft apparently has paid iD not to include it on the PC version! So we'll have to wait for the mod community to do it.

Leech

CaptNKILL
08-04-04, 10:20 PM
Yeah, Serious Sam (1st and 2nd Encounter) was a blast playing it co-op. And I do remember Doom 1 (on the Jaguar at least, can't recall on the PC version) had Co-Op, and I played Co-Op on Doom 2. The Rainbow Six games also have Co-op mode. I love playing games like that cooperatively. In fact, at the latest LAN parties I've gone to, they usually just turn into Raven Shield parties.

I was SO looking forward to Doom 3 having a co-op mode. Then my brother (who reads a lot more info about video games than I have time to) told me that the Xbox had exclusive rights to supporting a cooperative play. Microsoft apparently has paid iD not to include it on the PC version! So we'll have to wait for the mod community to do it.

Leech
Hmm, knowing that MS payed id to take it out of the PC version, i wouldnt be surprised if id actually snuck some code to someone to put it in. They know their roots, they know who their real fans are, they wont let us PC gamers down. Im almost positive that we will see a co-op mod.

I mean, someone made multiplayer for GTA 3 for gods sake... at least doom 3 has co-op support on one platform, GTA3 had no multiplayer at all (only the remnants from the old GTA games)...

Doom 3 will have a co-op mod, i guarantee it.

UDawg
08-04-04, 11:41 PM
I want to know the names of the 4 people who said no!

WeReWoLf
08-05-04, 12:03 AM
I've an idea... to lobby our point on this, lets all co-operate and hunt down the guys who said no.

|JuiceZ|
08-05-04, 12:07 AM
I want to know the names of the 4 people who said no!

how much you willing to pay? :D