PDA

View Full Version : monitor issues

majortom
07-31-04, 08:52 PM
hey, im having a problem playing at hi res. i recently bought my 9800 pro and wanted to play some games at res higher than 1024x768 (which is what my desktop is set at). anyway, whenever i set a higher resolution in any game, the screen goes to the resolution, but doesnt refit in my monitor. basically, if i try 1600x1200, the image gets huge, and i can only see a portion of it (it doesnt resize to fit). :retard: can anywone help?

mattkenn_4545
07-31-04, 09:38 PM
Are you talking about the monitor needing ajustment or when you can move your mouse and the screen will "scroll'?

Make sure your monitor supports the resolution also try reforce to set refresh rates correctly(mostly)

majortom
07-31-04, 11:59 PM
Are you talking about the monitor needing ajustment or when you can move your mouse and the screen will "scroll'?

Make sure your monitor supports the resolution also try reforce to set refresh rates correctly(mostly)

my monitor supposedly can support 16x12 at 65hz (really old dell trinitron). i was able to play halflife on it at that res with my geforce 2 before....