View Full Version : Doom 3 leaked

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

0rk.p0rk
07-31-04, 11:07 PM
:lame:

http://www.warp2search.net/index.php

LiquidX
07-31-04, 11:12 PM
WOW already, those jerk offs. It really sucks you pay for your crap and these clowns download it and I dont care if your very poor. :lame:

Clay
07-31-04, 11:15 PM
This is lame, not surprising, but very lame.

Also, for the record, anyone dim enough to post any links to seeds here will have those posts removed and a permanent ban will most likely be in your future for starters.

Edge
07-31-04, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't really call it "leaked", I usually think of leaks as things that shouldn't have been availible to the public but were illegally released somehow (like the D3 alpha or the HL2 alpha leak). This is just a normal warez release, nothing majorly suprising about it really. Hell, I'm suprised it wasn't out there a lot earlier, some of the retail versoins of games are downloadable weeks before the game is actually availible in stores.

Bad_Boy
07-31-04, 11:44 PM
:(

Riptide
07-31-04, 11:49 PM
I have no problem with anyone downloading and playing it as long as they still go and pay for their legit copy when it hits the shelf next week.

UDawg
07-31-04, 11:49 PM
Also, for the record, anyone dim enough to post any links to seeds here will have those posts removed and a permanent ban will most likely be in your future for starters.

It is worth hi-lighting again.

Edge
08-01-04, 12:01 AM
I have no problem with anyone downloading and playing it as long as they still go and pay for their legit copy when it hits the shelf next week.

True, I did that with Yuri's Revenge, seemed to work out well enough for both me and the publisher (though I foolishly thought that the huge bugs I encountered in the downloaded copy wouldn't be in the final version, silly me :rolleyes: ).

sgio2
08-01-04, 12:02 AM
Link Here... Hurry Hurry!!!!!!!!!

www.adeaman.org/wwwfoo/0day/hahayougotpwned.torrent

Clay
08-01-04, 12:05 AM
Link Here... Hurry Hurry!!!!!!!!!

www.adeaman.org/wwwfoo/0day/hahayougotpwned.torrent
Mkay, on a "funny" scale of 1 to 10 that was a 2. "hahayougotpwned.torrent" You that bored tonight? :angel:

WeReWoLf
08-01-04, 01:54 AM
Has anyone else besides me realised that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R alpha has been leaked? Could this be why they have delayed it for a bit?

Bad_Boy
08-01-04, 08:07 AM
Has anyone else besides me realised that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R alpha has been leaked? Could this be why they have delayed it for a bit?
Its been leaked for some time now. And i beleive it was a alpha build from 2002, so I dont think it affected the Delay. Must of been some other factor.

DaveW
08-01-04, 08:08 AM
Is anyone suprised? The most awaiting game in the history of human civilization and a bunch of people in the US get it 5 days before the rest of us and the rest of the world has to wait 2 weeks before its released in their country. Even people who have preordered the game are going to download it because they don't want to wait any longer.

Here's an idea, why doesn't id develop their own torrent site? You pay with your credit card and get to download the game the day it goes gold. Since they wouldn't be going through a publisher like activision, and wouldn't have any distribution costs, they could probably sell the game for a greatly reduce price too. Nobody would bother waiting for buggy cracked copies if they could download a legit copy on day 0.

WeReWoLf
08-01-04, 08:13 AM
That is adamn good idea, but what's to stop people from providing people with the direct link, so they won't have to pay. Not to mention it would be easier to pirate, because it removes the whole process of copying the CD's first.. Just download, then upload, or upload it direct from ID's site.

DaveW
08-01-04, 08:17 AM
That is adamn good idea, but what's to stop people from providing people with the direct link, so they won't have to pay. Not to mention it would be easier to pirate, because it removes the whole process of copying the CD's first.. Just download, then upload, or upload it direct from ID's site.

Each download is bound to your session id and unique machine id. It could also be copy protected to your individual computer (similar to Windows XP activation).

Ninjaman09
08-01-04, 08:17 AM
Very good idea, this is what Valve is doing with HL2 as I understand it. Anyway, I am truly surprised by everyone else's surprise. You think no one would leak Doom 3?! I'm sorry, but that's just naive. I'm downloading right now and I don't feel bad. I already paid for my damn copy and I gotta wait a couple more days before I see it, maybe until Wednesday. My EB Games has it but is saying "We can't sell it till Wednesday," when I had just been told Monday at 7:00 p.m. I'm still picking up my copy ASAP, but it'll be nice to play until then. Though I might actually get my store copy before this download finishes, it's not what you'd call "fast".

And btw, 0rk.p0rk just posted a link to a news site which itself refused to provide a link. So don't jump all over him.

npras42
08-01-04, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I feel exactly the same as the guy above me. Except if I wanted to buy it (I don't have it on pre-order) I'd have to wait around another 2 weeks... When its out, i'll buy. Right now, I want to playt he game! :)

08-01-04, 09:46 AM
I admitted I'm downloading it, just couldn't resist.
But swear to God I WILL pay the money.

surfhurleydude
08-01-04, 09:51 AM
I bought my copy off of the internet, and I have already been charged, but not shipped yet. I have the right to download a back up copy, and I am. I don't understand what's so lame about this being released...every game gets released, I didn't think Doom 3 was going to be any exception.

r2d2d3d4d5
08-01-04, 10:26 AM
I think it's lame releasing games even before they are out.
I read somewhere that developers make most of their money in the first couple of weeks of the official release. Releasing the game like this encourages people to download it so that they won’t have to wait for the proper release.
OK most of you guys own the game but most of the people that will be downloading probably don't.
If you really are poor and can't afford the game then you should have to wait at least a couple of weeks.

(soapbox)

Ninjaman09
08-01-04, 10:59 AM
Well, I ended up cancelling the download. I remember I did this with Warcraft III and it totally ruined the experience when I finally bought it. I'm gonna just wait to get my copy, it's only a day or two away. Besides, the torrent was running so slow it might have actually taken longer to download anyway.

SH0DAN
08-01-04, 11:47 AM

but by being part of the swarm in the torrent,you are "giving" the game to peeps who are never going to pay for it,and have no
intention of ever buying it.you by doing this contribute to the problem of
software pirating,by helping others spread around the original release(even if you never go in super-seeder mode ever).
you give someone a lift to the store,and they tell you "hey,I need to stop by the bank" if they rob the bank,you under the law are guilty as well,you are a "party to the crime".tell the judge "but,but,but I didnt know he was going to do that.",I dare ya....see where it gets ya....

Kamel
08-01-04, 11:51 AM
eh, it was just a matter of time.

i hope that people will see the value of paying the developers and id software for the game so that we can continue to get great games and also based on the d3 engine.

i know personally i'm very tight on money, so i'm not sure if i can afford it... but maybe if i could find something to sell..... i mean, common, it's d3!@ lol

npras42
08-01-04, 12:14 PM
but by being part of the swarm in the torrent,you are "giving" the game to peeps who are never going to pay for it,and have no
intention of ever buying it.you by doing this contribute to the problem of
software pirating,by helping others spread around the original release(even if you never go in super-seeder mode ever).
you give someone a lift to the store,and they tell you "hey,I need to stop by the bank" if they rob the bank,you under the law are guilty as well,you are a "party to the crime".tell the judge "but,but,but I didnt know he was going to do that.",I dare ya....see where it gets ya....

I couldn't give a damn about the legal implications. If its illegal, its illegal. It really doesn't bother me; whether you think its immoral or not doesn't bother me either, and I couldn't care less if I was spreading it to other people either.

I want the game myself, and this is the best way to get it now. Whether other people decide to pay for it or not, is not my problem. Personally, I could care less about id software either. I want to pay for the game simply because I want to play it online not because they deserve my money. It was exactly the same with UT2004, which I also downloaded before I bought.

Also, at this point I would like to point out that I personally think id are charging too much for the game. I don't know exactly how much it is going to be here in the UK, but it costs $50 in the States (from what I understand) and that is way too much for a game. Whether they spent 5 years developng the engine and game or 15 years. I don't care, $50 is too much. Normally when something costs $50 in the US I would expect it to cost around £45-50 here in the UK. If thats true of Doom III, I will be paying the equivalent of almost US$90 for this game. That's a joke.

EDIT: I just went and found out and its only £30 on Game. So just forget the last 5 lines of my post!

Nutty
08-01-04, 12:17 PM
Most shops here in the UK have it for around 25 pounds, which I think is very reasonable. I've already got mine pre-ordered, and paid extra for next day express delivery.