PDA

View Full Version : Who has a PCpowerandcooling 510watt PSU

kahloq
08-01-04, 11:30 AM
Im thinking of buying one but I wanted some info from ppl that own them already.

1) How many seperate molex lines are there?
3) How many molex connections per strand?
2) Are the sata lines seperate from the molex lines or split off with an adapter?
3) How long are the molex lines? 36 inches or are they shorter?
4) Is there a seperate line for connecting vid card power inputs?
5) I have a full tower ATX case(Predator Alienware). Is there any lenth issues with the molex strands? Or do you have to use extentions(non y split or y split)
6) Anyone with an asus p4cdeluxe -e motherboard........which model is the correct one, 20 pin, 20 pin + 6 pin, or 24 pin?
7) Besides the color, whats the difference between the 510 ATX, 510 ATX deluxe? Ive looked at their site and can see no performance differences as they list them, only the color of the PSU and the color of the molex strands).

Thanks guys.

PerfectCr
08-01-04, 11:59 AM
Pssst. Try this! (http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/reviews/index.htm) (mag)

OR (google)

:lol2:

kahloq
08-01-04, 12:47 PM
Pssst. Try this! (http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/reviews/index.htm) (mag)

OR (google)

:lol2:

That doesnt answer the questions I asked. Some reviews say 2 molex lines and others say 3. I wanted ppl that ACTUALLY have one to answer.

PerfectCr
08-01-04, 12:51 PM
That doesnt answer the questions I asked. Some reviews say 2 molex lines and others say 3. I wanted ppl that ACTUALLY have one to answer.

How about emailing the company or calling them asking? :clap:

Riptide
08-01-04, 12:51 PM
Heh, I have one sitting in a box. :)

Waiting for my MSI board before I install it though.

SH0DAN
08-01-04, 12:54 PM
my ppc has 3 and its a lower wattage model.

Animal
08-01-04, 01:48 PM
http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/turbocools/510/index.htm Click the see diagram link that's right above the 5 years link at the bottom of the page.

PCP&C also just released their 510 Express PSU with a 24 pin mobo connector, 6 Serial ATA power connectors and the 6 pin connector for PCI-E video cards. Also later this month they are supposed to announce an 800W PSU which is going to be featured in this months Maximum PC from what I hear.

brentsg
08-01-04, 05:53 PM
If it's unwanted advice, feel free to ignore...

Give the OCZ power supplies a close look. They aren't as good as the PC Power and Cooling, but they are SOOOO close - and a ton quieter.

B

nmyeti
08-01-04, 07:03 PM
I have the PC power and cooling Turbo-Cool 510

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/power_supplies/dimensions/dim_T51DX.htm

That's how mine is setup. I just replaced my Antec 430w unit. The PCP&C unit is very nice. It runs cooler, and is much more stable under load. I am going to use the Antec as my back-up unit.

One nice thing about the PCP&C PSU is that it has different size power lines. Some are longer then others so that you don't have to have a lot of extra slack at the top of your case.

In short, 4 molex lines with 2 connectors each + 2 SATA lines that only have the SATA connector on them.

kahloq
08-01-04, 08:05 PM
I have the PC power and cooling Turbo-Cool 510

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/power_supplies/dimensions/dim_T51DX.htm

That's how mine is setup. I just replaced my Antec 430w unit. The PCP&C unit is very nice. It runs cooler, and is much more stable under load. I am going to use the Antec as my back-up unit.

One nice thing about the PCP&C PSU is that it has different size power lines. Some are longer then others so that you don't have to have a lot of extra slack at the top of your case.

In short, 4 molex lines with 2 connectors each + 2 SATA lines that only have the SATA connector on them.

Thank you, finally someone that actually answered my questions instead of refering me to a website page that doesnt list what I wanted to know.

kahloq
08-01-04, 08:08 PM
If it's unwanted advice, feel free to ignore...

Give the OCZ power supplies a close look. They aren't as good as the PC Power and Cooling, but they are SOOOO close - and a ton quieter.

B

I heard about this one just this morning and will give it a look :)

kahloq
08-01-04, 08:09 PM
How about emailing the company or calling them asking? :clap:

I did and havent gotten a response.

Dolphiend
08-01-04, 08:15 PM
I've been powering my rig with one for nearly 10 months now with nary a problem. Buy one; you won't be disappointed.

Fynx-Gloire
08-02-04, 12:41 AM
Im thinking of buying one but I wanted some info from ppl that own them already.

1) How many seperate molex lines are there?
3) How many molex connections per strand?
2) Are the sata lines seperate from the molex lines or split off with an adapter?
3) How long are the molex lines? 36 inches or are they shorter?
4) Is there a seperate line for connecting vid card power inputs?
5) I have a full tower ATX case(Predator Alienware). Is there any lenth issues with the molex strands? Or do you have to use extentions(non y split or y split)
6) Anyone with an asus p4cdeluxe -e motherboard........which model is the correct one, 20 pin, 20 pin + 6 pin, or 24 pin?
7) Besides the color, whats the difference between the 510 ATX, 510 ATX deluxe? Ive looked at their site and can see no performance differences as they list them, only the color of the PSU and the color of the molex strands).

Thanks guys.

Hey man, its me Sean,
I finally got my PNY 6800 Ultra and PCPOWER and COOLING 510 DELUXE.
It came with 4 molex lines with 2 connectors each + 2 SATA lines that only have the SATA connector on them and a 20 pin motherboard as well as a 4 pin (2+2) motherboard connections.
Well my Motherboard is an old i850GB one that in addition to those mentioned, I ALSO has a 6 pin (1x6) connection to give addtional power to the 3.3 and 5V lines on my motherboard.
Anyways As soon as I found it out, I called up the company and they said to RMA it, I did ( no cost to me ), they custom made a powersupply with my connection on it, plus it had all the others that I listed above.
They are a great company, a bit pricey but hey, I got my PNY running at 450/1100 stock air cooling with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
I am currently playing FarCry at 1920x1200 (30-40's outside, 100fps inside) and HALO at 1600x1000.
THis is good!

Sean

nmyeti
08-02-04, 01:28 AM
Thank you, finally someone that actually answered my questions instead of refering me to a website page that doesnt list what I wanted to know.

No problem. Get the PcP&C supply and then crank your FSB up a little. There is no reason not to take advantage of the trick parts on your system. You should be able to do 220fsb without any problems and you might make 230fsb on decent cooling with your system. I’d love to see what that Ultra could do with your system running at 3.5 or 3.6.

My 2.8c is sitting at 260fsb (3.64) and it’s prime stable waiting for Doom3… now if eVGA would ever call me so I can step up to an Ultra I’d be really happy.

kahloq
08-02-04, 04:03 AM
Getting my FSB up to 230 isnt gonna happen no matter what PSU ive got simply because the memory I have is standard pc3200 samsung. However, even on my 420 watt PSU with all the stuff in my case, ive gotten the cpu up to 3.488 and the fsb to 218, but with having a stock HSF on the cpu, I doubt its gonna go much higher regardless of PSU. Ya never know tho.

I took a look at the OCZ 520 and actually Im leaning more towards that one.
Check out this review(4 pages with good pictures)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Seviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=39

nmyeti
08-02-04, 08:57 AM
Some of that standard PC3200 will go to a lot higher speed then you think. I've managed to get cheap OEM ram to run at 220fsb before. You just have to crank your Vdimm.

That OCZ supply is nice, but PcP&C is in a league of their own.

kahloq
08-06-04, 11:42 AM
I really dont have much experience overclocking cpu and fsb/memory so voltage changes, I dun know what id be doing so best I dont do that. Plus, I really dont have much need to super overclock my system anyhow.