PDA

View Full Version : *** WARNING *** Doom3 Console/Cheats

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
08-01-04, 04:43 PM
*** WARNING ***

EDIT: Text version can be found here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33627&page=2&pp=15#post390339). Below is a PNG image and not easiest thing to print for some. -Clay

DO NOT scroll down if you don't want to see the cheat commands.

OMG The chainsaw is badass

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/7575/73160.png

S.I.N
08-01-04, 04:45 PM
You waited this long for the game to run through it in a couple hours or days with cheat codes? :rolleyes:

UDawg
08-01-04, 04:49 PM
Come on Jakup this is lame. Why did you post this? I have half a mind to make this all just a bad memory.

Mr. Hunt
08-01-04, 04:54 PM
Really.... cheats are fun for the second time through and stuff but to wait years and years for a game just to cheat through it the first time is a bad idea.

That being said.... double barreled shotgun?

Edge
08-01-04, 04:57 PM
Hmm, some of those sound pretty interesting...record to an AVI video file? It's like they WANT people to take movies of the game. Funny that the '95 version of Doom is included in the game, nice touch. Though I would like to see what some of those commands related to the graphics engine do...modulate lights?

jAkUp
08-01-04, 04:58 PM
Yes. I think, I'm trying not to spoil it for myself, so I just did a quick scroll through all the weapons. The BFG is the most badass gun Ive ever seen :D

Mr. Hunt
08-01-04, 05:07 PM
But is the double barreled shotgun in?!

jAkUp
08-01-04, 05:14 PM
Just cycled through, nope, no Double barreled SG. The bfg is cool though cuz you can charge it :)

Mr. Hunt
08-01-04, 05:25 PM
This game is poo then :(.

marqmajere
08-01-04, 05:35 PM
Chainsaw= win. :D

gamerdude
08-01-04, 07:50 PM
thanks for the cheats :) Ive heard you cant use a flashlight and your weapon at the same time in the game :lame:

jAkUp
08-01-04, 07:57 PM
nope you cant.. one at a time.. its kinda cool though.. heh because there are many times when you are frantically trying to switch to your gun because a monster pops out of nowhere.. makes it more tense :)

gamerdude
08-01-04, 08:11 PM
I know I D is just tryin to add to the mood of the game but still your supposed to be space marine or something.I should be able multi task :)

CaptNKILL
08-01-04, 08:21 PM
I know I D is just tryin to add to the mood of the game but still your supposed to be space marine or something.I should be able multi task :)
:lol2:
:ORDER:

raysusan
08-01-04, 08:58 PM
cheats came out even before i got the game
:lame: :rolleyes: :banghead: :surrender

Son Goku
08-01-04, 09:13 PM
Plz...tell me these cheats are for single player only :D If someone wants to ruin the game for themself, that's one thing. But when they run around with cheat codes in MP, that can, umm effect other people's enjoyment of the game.

Mr. Hunt
08-01-04, 09:22 PM
I am PRETTY sure id isn't going to allow cheats in the mutliplayer game :\.

Ghola
08-02-04, 05:03 AM
yeah i'd like to see the console menu appear mine doesn't wtf

Kamel
08-02-04, 06:06 AM
i'm sure you all would like to mess with the console cmds of d3 seeing as most of them should go along with the q3 ones pretty closely...

anyway, hit ctrl+alt+~ and it will bring down a console (if my source is correct.. i don't have doom3).

once it's down, you can type com_allowconsole 1 (not sure if a \ belongs in front of that, try both ways)

once you've done the allowconsole cmd, it should just be ~ (technically ` but that's too close to ')

alternately, the shortcut leading to doom3 you can edit to add +set com_allowconsole 1 at the end, this should start it with the console enabled for you. make sure you add the +set com_allowconsole 1 outside of the quotes.

good luck... any of you lucky people who have doom3 could test it; let me know if it works :D

Placid
08-02-04, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the codes. I saved them for after I play it a couple of times.

pigfukerd
08-02-04, 07:26 AM
yeah i'd like to see the console menu appear mine doesn't wtf

Mine Don't either

Placid
08-02-04, 07:29 AM
I don't get it you type [ ] for the console?
I thought it was ctrl+alt+tilde?

edisonwu
08-02-04, 10:09 AM
anyone tell me how to bring the console up?so I can type the code.....

schuey74
08-02-04, 10:21 AM
ctrl+alt+~

Greb Jnnayr
08-02-04, 10:27 AM
Ah nuts, I was hoping the cheats would be the same as the Doom 1 and 2.
Remember those?

iddqd-god mode
idkfa-gives all keys, weapons, and ammo
idfa-gives all weapons and ammo (Doom 2 only)
iddt-toggle map mode (use when looking at map)
idclevxy-change level to episode x, level y (Doom), or, in Doom 2, warp to level xy(01-32)
idclip-toggles no clipping mode (Doom 2 only)
idspispopd-toggles no clipping mode (Doom only)
idbeholdi-invisiblity sphere
idbeholds-berserk pack
idbeholdv-invulnerability sphere
idbeholdr-radiation suit
idbeholda-full map
idbeholdl-light amplification visor
idmusxx-change music to that in level xx (Doom 2 only)

Doom 1 was my first PC game ever, and I cheated all the way through that game. I sucked at the game and considered the cheats as Training Wheels for my introduction into PC gaming.