PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek 6800 GT DOA!!

slavic
08-03-04, 01:27 AM
I got my Leadtek 6800GT this afternoon from newegg and installed it in my computer after taking out my 5900 and making sure the power cable was plugged in I fired the computer up. After it left the video card bios post screen it starts the memory count in the mother board bios post and the screen is littered with random letters and numbers by the time it loaded into windows the screen was very distorted and after trying to change the resolution the computer crashed. Now it won't boot into windows past the XP load screen and I am still getting a lot of distortion. I tried setting all the defaults in my bios with no effect and put my old card back and everything seems to work so I guess the card is shot? With my copy of Doom3 coming tomorrow I think I am going to lose it. (crazy)

HELP!

Thank you!

p4 2.65
P4C800-E Deluxe

-=DVS=-
08-03-04, 01:31 AM
Try again make sure its seated good , recheck power connectors , heck disconect few things just in case its PSU problem , if all that fails you got a melon , RMA it :(

tazman
08-03-04, 01:32 AM
Mine just did the same thing - was working ok for about a week...
RMA time!! :nanahump:

slavic
08-03-04, 01:56 AM
I tryed it again with the same results. I don't think its my PSU, at least it better not be :).
550 Entermax with a +12V A rating of 36

Strangest part is that the post screen , that lastest 2-3 sec., for the video card looks just fine its when it loads the motherboard bios post screen that it goes haywire. Oh well I emailed Leadtek. I am also going to try it in a friends machine tomarrow just to double check that its nothing on my end.

Can I RMA it with leadtek and not newegg I doubt newegg will be able to get me one for a while and I would like to fix this ASAP.

Thanks!

Lfctony
08-03-04, 05:05 AM
Looks bad, just replace it.

SnglMlt
08-03-04, 11:10 AM
I'm guessing you did uninstall the drivers for the 5900 before you put in the leadtek card. THis is a long shot, but do you have the latest ASUS bios for your motherboard? If not perhaps a flash will help. I'm curious how this goes as I received a Leadtek 6800GT the same afternoon as you, but as of yet have had no problems with the card. Good luck with it!

rbishop
08-03-04, 11:48 AM
That would suck. My Leadtek 6800 GT will be here Wed. Hope this doen't turn into a problem with the Leadteks. My Leadtek TI4600 is still working good after two years. Good luck