PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 and Geforce 4 Ti 4600

Dr_s99
08-03-04, 09:38 AM
WOW, nice game... scary thou...lol
but anyway, i got the game today and i start playing, i installed fraps to see the FPS, and it showed me between 14-40 which is nice, but when it show 14, it didn't feel like it was 14 fps, i mean it wasn't a jumpy or something...
i'm running the game on High Quality, 800x600, Antian.. 2x
here are some links to pictures which i took using Fraps, look at them..lol

http://www.gameoffuture.com/Morteza/DOOM3/
(if you go here u will see the list of pictures...lol)
(there are about 27 pictures...lol)

i'm not going to give links to every pictures, for god sake its 27 pictures..lol
well i'm going to go and try it on ultra high quality...

Dr_s99
08-03-04, 11:36 AM
Any comment or something?

jimmyjames123
08-03-04, 11:49 AM
You use AA but no AF? Have you tried using AF but no AA?

It is good to hear that the game is playable on a Ti series! Are there any demos that we can download yet?

RSAntilles
08-03-04, 03:50 PM
I have a Ti4600 and even though I can get Doom 3 to run and look very nice in medium settings it tends to set my monitor off into what I can only describe as power saving mode but I think its just turning the monitor off and I can also hear the sound stuttering at the moment the game crashed/monitor turned off.

This is in no way just Doom 3 it has been happening more and more recently with such titles as Splinter Cell 1 & 2, Star Wars Galaxies but only when I use the Vertex/Pixel Shaders option (it never crashes when they are disabled).

Also Ive seen it do exactly the same trick on other games that I normally play trouble free such as Colin McRae 4 and a few other 3D games. Thief 3 however worked ok considering it was 3D intense with amazing effects.

I get no errors from these crashes, its almost like the card or monitor just dont like playing these things anymore and its throwing its dummy out the pram. My machines only a couple of years old and I think I can get more out of it without having to spend a firtune in hardware just to play a game I know can run at medium settings (good for me).

Heres my specs and what hardweare I use. Ive tried almost everything to sort this out, including the obvious such as making sure power saving settings are off (always do that) I got all the latest drivers and updated bios etc, and I have plenty cooling inside, so I just need someone who has similair problems or one who knows what may be causing it.

P4 1.8Ghz
GeForce 4 Ti4600
512 MB Rambus
SB Live
Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920 19" TFT

Bloody
08-03-04, 03:51 PM
Tha game has 8x AF on by deefault...
If you want to optimize for older videocards you may find this list of console commands usefull: http://hwspirit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213
:)

Dr_s99
08-03-04, 07:21 PM
i will try to get some high res.. pix...

Dr_s99
08-03-04, 07:26 PM
how do you bring up the console in doom 3?
or how do you use those commands..?

Dr_s99
08-03-04, 07:31 PM
some one remind me again what is multiSamples ?
seta image_anisotropy "1"???
hey my Anistropy is 1... i see this in the config file...!