PDA

View Full Version : stuck quite far into game (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

myshkinbob
08-03-04, 10:44 AM
In case you missed the warning, don't read any further if you don't want the plot spoiled.

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

okay, so i'm on the hell level, and i'm up against that unbelievably HUGE boss, with the light-drones flying around him, and i just can't kill him. I've bgf ammo but no bfg, but he's taken 80 rockets, and all my ammo for the other guns, am i missing something? i've tried just taking out the drones, but they get replaced. Ocassionally my crosshair goes red when i hit him, but i can't tell where he's vulnerable, any tips?!

GlowStick
08-03-04, 12:40 PM
Since you already have a help thread, i was wondering if you can help me, im not as far a s you but.

In a review i read that some NPC eventually ties the flashlight onto the shotgun, that has not happend to me for a long time. The first 2 non zombie chars i came accross i accidnetly shot, it was a marine, and a scientists, the one with the light, i got him alive to the latter then he died. Was he saposta do it, ive been haveing alot of trouble in dark areas because i have to switch to flashlight to see what im shooting at, then shoot blind!

WCG
08-03-04, 12:41 PM
think you gotta take out the drones and hit him when he's releasing more.

myshkinbob
08-03-04, 01:02 PM
thanks wcg, i'll give that a shot (or 80) :)

btw, glowstick, the bit with the scientist holding the lamp is the bit from the review, afaik you can't use the torch at the same time as any weapon.

myshkinbob
08-03-04, 06:07 PM
Ok i found the solution, you take out the drones then shoot the blue light that appears above the boss when they respawn. Hope this helps anyone that get's stuck here.

Banko
08-03-04, 11:16 PM
Yeah, that thing was annoying. I have just entered the CPU complex, this game is hella long I love it!