PDA

View Full Version : Ti4600 & Monitor resetting probs.

RSAntilles
08-03-04, 04:54 PM
Forgive me for almost duplicating my same thread here as I did in a Doom 3 post earlier but I wanted to throw the same technical problem out to those who arent interested in Doom 3 etc. Thanks.

I have a Ti4600 and even though I can get Doom 3 to run and look very nice in medium settings it tends to set my monitor off into what I can only describe as power saving mode (sometimes almost instantly into gameplay, sometimes in a few mins) but I think its just turning the monitor off and I can also hear the game-sound stuttering at the moment the game crashed/monitor turned off.

This is in not just Doom 3 it has been happening more and more recently with such titles as Splinter Cell 1 & 2, Star Wars Galaxies but only when I use the Vertex/Pixel Shaders option (it never crashes when they are disabled).

Also Ive seen it do exactly the same trick on other games that I normally play trouble free such as Colin McRae 4 and a few other 3D games. Thief 3 however worked ok considering it was 3D intense with some amazing effects.

I get no errors from these crashes, its almost like the card or monitor just dont like playing these things anymore and its throwing its dummy out the pram. My machines only a couple of years old and I think I can get more out of it without having to spend a firtune in hardware just to play a game I know can run at medium settings (good for me).

Heres my specs and what hardweare I use. Ive tried almost everything to sort this out, including the obvious such as making sure power saving settings are off (always do that) I got all the latest drivers and updated bios etc, and I have plenty cooling inside, Ive even tried other monitors so I just need someone who has similair problems or one who knows what may be causing it.

P4 1.8Ghz
GeForce 4 Ti4600
512 MB Rambus
SB Live
Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920 19" TFT

Dr_s99
08-03-04, 08:19 PM
well have you turn the power man. off..?
uh... medium????? i have a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 ! and i'm right now running the game at high quality and i have setted AA to 2X
and using fraps i realized i get around 15-45 fps...
could it be from over heating of your card or something...!

hold on, does this happen when you are playing... i mean when you are moving or when you don't touch the keybord or the mouse?