PDA

View Full Version : What mods would you like to see?

Pages : [1] 2 3

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 05:49 PM
Personally i'd like to see the multi-player mod that opens up the option to have more players, and also a chainsaw multi mod. It'd be like Goldeneye with the slappers only, xcept this one you duke it out with chainsaws. At least u'd be able to hear em coming!

CaptNKILL
08-03-04, 05:54 PM
Id like to see someone make a mod thats meant to run really bad but look amazing. Like, copy a Battlefield 1942 map. I wonder how it would look :rolleyes:

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 05:58 PM
Desert Combat. Something like Berlin with more than 4 players would kill our computers... I'd visit the grave of mine everyday. Me and my flatmates have a tendency just to make a LAN of DC and play Berlin at 20:1. 5 of us. 100 of them. Now try and capture some spawn points.

Kamel
08-03-04, 06:02 PM
i'd like to see someone make a mod where you all play in multi in the original doom, lol.

chainsaws wouldn't be a bad idea... of course, mentioning the hearing part, they should be silent unless you are using them -- that way there is the element of hiding in a corner and back stabbing the person. you could also make a back-saw an instant kill much like many games today, hehe.

i would also like to see a mod that made the textures look better (like the quake2 textures mod), this would kickass, lol.

as far as actual gameplay goes, i'd like to see some vehicles, or maybe monsters/robots (possibly to posess).

aaahhh52
08-03-04, 06:02 PM
i would want a co-op mod, any body know if this is already in the works?

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 06:23 PM
Yeah aaahhh52, the co-op mod is in the works.

Kamel
08-03-04, 06:40 PM
nice, if they do a good enough job on it maybe the single player experience can be re-lived in multiplayer through all of the players... that would kick ass (i'm talking about the immersiveness and the game scaring you etc, not the plot line and levels).

Vash
08-03-04, 06:42 PM
I think that a high-def texture pack would be pretty sweet, but would probably destroy any hope I have of running the game at a decent framerate. I'm also going to download any Doom I&II map/scenario conversions that happen, just because.

Mostly, I'm really excited about the mods I don't know of yet, the ones that are going to take a while to see the light of day.

Kamel
08-03-04, 06:47 PM
I think that a high-def texture pack would be pretty sweet, but would probably destroy any hope I have of running the game at a decent framerate.

well, maybe it wont be too bad if you turn down other visual options... if the textures look good enough maybe try without bumpmapping enabled to see how it goes. just pointing that out; with the right texture compression, however, the game could look much nicer with exactly the same performance. (the textures wouldn't look as "original", but that doesn't mean it couldn't look better)

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 06:51 PM
I'm waiting for certain groups to start making mods of the DC fame. Although something original would be great.

Vash
08-03-04, 07:10 PM
well, maybe it wont be too bad if you turn down other visual options... if the textures look good enough maybe try without bumpmapping enabled to see how it goes. just pointing that out; with the right texture compression, however, the game could look much nicer with exactly the same performance. (the textures wouldn't look as "original", but that doesn't mean it couldn't look better)

Yeah, I'd have to play with it. id engined games tend to be more open to tweaking and such than most. Here's hoping for a community texture pack... I mean, Marathon's got a community texture pack, and it's 10 years old.

sAvAgE-SMP
08-03-04, 07:22 PM
Big Wide open Maps for Co op for Four players and have Nightmare times 2 Kinda Like a Serious Sam

Mesce
08-03-04, 07:34 PM
I would like to see all the original wolfenstein3d levels recreated with the proper enemies. I.e the brown jacket pisatol guards. and the "umpapa's"-blue jacket blonde hair with machine gun.

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 07:50 PM
lol... imagine CTF doom 3 style.. u'd hafta try and hide in every shadow. It'd be even harder if there was a lantern on the top of the flag... That'd be a good mod.

kahloq
08-03-04, 07:52 PM
A Star Wars mod of course. Also how bout a Mod where all the enemies are Micheal Moore and John Kerry and you can blow them away in game.

Vash
08-03-04, 07:53 PM
Maybe a remake of the old Doom Aliens mod?

faraday
08-03-04, 07:59 PM
what about Half life 1 with doom3 engine....talk about irony

FierceDeityLink
08-03-04, 08:06 PM
I want a modern combat mod (better weapon sounds, too), but it'd probably all need to be indoors. :-\

Not sure if anyone said this already, but there is already an "all chainsaw" MP mod.

CaptNKILL
08-03-04, 08:42 PM
lol... imagine CTF doom 3 style.. u'd hafta try and hide in every shadow. It'd be even harder if there was a lantern on the top of the flag... That'd be a good mod.
Ooo.. now THAT sounds fun.

Brings back memories of playing Quake 2 CTF with the Eraser bot (my connection sucked so bots were my only option)... god that was fun :)

Quake 2 had the best CTF gameplay ever. No questions asked. Although Desert Combat CTF is insanely fun as well :D

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 10:54 PM
Damn Straight! Man i love CTF DC...

superklye
08-03-04, 11:08 PM
I would love a System Shock 2 mod, but one for UT2004 or some other game (maybe it WAS Doom 3) was just cancelled which is really lame.

An Aliens mod would also be awesome.

I think a Jurassic Park style, dinosaur based mod would also be awesome. Dinosaurs never get enough credit

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 11:13 PM
Maybe a sort of "Hunt n Tag" mod.. U start off as a zombie, then you bite another guy, he turns into a zombie as well, and eventually everyone is a zombie xcept for the last guy who gets ripped to pieces by a horde of zombies... But to make it more interesting.. the guys who aren't zombies get shotguns...

WeReWoLf
08-04-04, 12:41 AM
*Bump*

Kev1
08-04-04, 12:55 AM
I'd like a "Duke Nukem Forever" mod :rolleyes:

Hey, I'll bet the modders would get it done faster than 3D Realms :)

aaahhh52
08-04-04, 12:59 AM
any link to the coop mods, i know its not done but a link to the development or where its been mentioned?