PDA

View Full Version : bus speeds

coledog
08-03-04, 06:00 PM
hello, i have just noticed that in the adapter information, it says my AGP is 2x.
now i have a 4x EVGA GEFORCE4 TI4200 128mb VIVO, my MOBO is a gigabyte GA-7dx+, the mobo bios i have set at 4x, i have updated nvidia's drivers to 61.77, and i have done the VIA hyperion 4in1 update....i'm running out things to update to fix this. i was just curious if i should ingore what the adapter info says or do i have a problem somewhere?

3madcows
08-04-04, 01:28 AM
Looks like one of the older chipsets from VIA. You can try adding a key to the registry and see if it takes care of it.

for Win9X
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\System
"EnableVia4X" [DWord] set to 00000001 to activate AGPx4

for Win2k and XP
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\nv4\Device0
"EnableVia4X" [DWord] set to 00000001 to activate AGPx4

coledog
08-04-04, 11:31 AM
i have checked the reg. key and it is already set to what u told me to set it to....i might just have to do a reformat of the hardrive, cuz someone told me that i might have the drivers from my other MOBO(ASUS) that went bad still on my system and that they may be conflicting, and also i used to have a geforce fx 5200 until i traded for the geforce4....all theses mobo&video cards changes happened within the last couple of days (i was surprised that Windows did not make me reformat the hardrive when i put the Gigabyte board in, i thought i was getting off lucky...lol...guess not!).

thankyou for your advice.