PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Sound problem

Annihlist
08-03-04, 07:20 PM
I just went a bought new 5.1 channel altec lansing speakers. I went and puchased doom 3 and the sound is crackling. I have a audigy 2 zs. Are there any fixes at this stage. It is so bad that it puts me off playing as it will ruin the experience. :(

nVidiaGuru
08-03-04, 07:29 PM
i got a pm from another member about this issue and this what he said:

Theres an official response from activision that says, goto sound properties in your windows settings, and turn the hardware acceleration on playback down 1 notch. I haven't tried it yet, so I dont know if this works. I'm wondering if this just affects directsound side, or nvidia's dolby encoding side as well.

he hasnt tried it and neither have i because im at work

give it a try and let us know

pray4hope
08-03-04, 07:33 PM
OMG!This is unplayable, i have the same issue with Audigy ZS and 5.1. I have tried many things in creative control panel but always the same crashes during the game.

stncttr908
08-03-04, 07:42 PM
I hear the occasional static but there's nothing that prevents me from enjoying the game. I have a hard time discerning if the sounds I hear are supposed to be there or not. It'll probably be fixed in a patch shortly.

Kamel
08-03-04, 08:02 PM
i hear static from time to time, and occasionally the sound actually turns off completely. for me, the fix is easy (but it's still annoying to have to do it...), hit escape, go to the options, click on surround sound to turn it off then back on. don't even have to apply or anything, just hit escape and it's back to normal. i'm thinking about trying to make a script to fix this with hitting a single key.

BrownHornet
08-03-04, 08:34 PM
Same Here. :lol2: my post about its already on another page.

Ehh Err that my post is in the Doom section. :retard:

WeReWoLf
08-03-04, 08:55 PM
I used to get that when i had my homemade Surround sound setup. I was using a guitar amp as my subwoofer. In games like farcry and whatnot, the sub would get all crackly. It only works properly in Halo, COD and UT2004 (3d Audio, not EAX). Everything else would suck. Now i got my new Creative speakers, it's all good. I'm not using any soundcard, because the on-board 5.1 is good enough for me. especially since Doom 3 doesn't use soundcards to render the sound. It uses the CPU.

BrownHornet
08-03-04, 09:05 PM
Just yanked my Zs im running off the onboard 5.1/6.1 C-Media and the sound is nice. :clap:

Oh yeah i got thi sideal from the guys at Planet Doom.

Annihlist
08-03-04, 11:15 PM
Well I solved my problem. Go to the creative site and download the new audigy 2 zs drivers and your problems should go away. Worked for me :)

Amuro
08-04-04, 12:45 AM
New drivers didn't help in my case. I don't hear any static or crackling sound, but sometimes sound is cut off completely, no music, no SFX, no nothing.

Omega53
08-04-04, 01:49 AM
New drivers didn't help in my case. I don't hear any static or crackling sound, but sometimes sound is cut off completely, no music, no SFX, no nothing.

Same thing here :(

skypx
08-04-04, 01:55 AM
Yep. I'm having the same problem. :fu:

WeReWoLf
08-04-04, 02:12 AM
be with the removing of the audigy and use ur onboard.

Amuro
08-04-04, 02:17 AM
My motherboard doesn't have onboard sound, so I need the Audigy 2 ZS that I have.

RoachMojo
08-12-04, 04:51 AM
I have the same sound cutting out issue. Nice to know that you can just re-enable it without quitting the game, though. Thanks for that.

I will wait for a fix for although I have on-board sound, I like my Audigy. :)